How many times do I get to see my family on PRMC?

MIKESW

Reaction score
How many times do I get to see my family on RT?

I was just woundering, during RT 32 weeks how many times would you normally get to leave lympstone to see mates & family?

Are you also allowed to take a mobile whilst training on RT to call them in the evenings etc..

edd91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think you mean RT mate PRMC is the fitness test for the few days RT is the 32 weeks, but i think you get your weekends sometimes and you get you get a few weeks of for the festive periods, but it depends how far you live away for the weekends.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You can use mobiles outside the working day during PRMC & Recruit Training, however beware the mobile phone reception is often a bit ropey as it's in a dip, so there are weak signals.

There are pay-phones on the base & there's often a queue to use them, last time I checked. Possibly some of the guys in RT can advise whether mobile coverage is better yet?

pcampbell87

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Coverage was ok when i was last there. During the first three weeks our mobiles were taken away from us but we could still use the payphones. There are quite a few dotted about and you can normally find a free one if you time it right.