how much do you think drink would affect my training?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i only go out like once a month now because im training, and when i do go out i drink , then the next morning i end up beating myself up , worried that my 4 months training has just gone. could anyone clear this up for me of what kinda stuff it does to me like diet wise and could my say press have a knock back because of it etc thanks guys

stevo

Reaction score
last time i went out i got very drunk this led to my fitnes droping alot but after a few days it gets back up

robj

Reaction score
the main thing for me when *text deleted* been out drinking is that the next day i really wont feel like going for a run or doing any kind of exercise. if i do drag myself to the gym i certainly wont be pushing myself as hard as i should be.

At the end of the day most people trying to join the marines will be training pretty hard and you need to put the right fuel into your body to get the most out of it. Having said that a few beers once or twice a month wont make much difference, I wouldnt worry too much about it affecting your scores.

State of Mind

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the so called ratio is:

to every night out u lose around a weeks fitness

but thats on the grapevine and what PTI's used to tel us in training

SoM

lord_carl

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Id lose more fitness out of tedium than from not being able to go out, im only 17 and the last time i got total rat arsed was 4 months ago (i couldent walk more than 1m without falling over again) Happy memorys and more to come :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*: but from then on i just have the odd beer, all my friends are still in school so you know i have more time on my hands.

Id rather punish myself the day after than not go out at all

This is my ratio;

1 Drink : Half a mile run next day
2 Drink : 1 mile run next day
3 Drink : 1.5 Mile run next day

So forth and so on

Phoenix

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
For Me I take a leaf out of that monk from the da vinci code, a few beers then a good whippin the next day *text deleted* :-D.

After all Pain is the cleanser *text deleted*...

mlewis123

Reaction score
Each to his own I think, during my training for PRMC I didn't really cut down on booze and I passed OK.

Suppose it's what your used to, I'm OK to have a heavy night and get up in the morning and go for an eight mile run by lunch time, it will be a bit slowly than normal but then thats obvious, by the Monday I'll be back to my normal self!

Matt