• 31& 32 (Nearly past-it!)

Votes: 50 1.9%
  • A Dr Who contemporary

Votes: 26 1.0%

• Total voters

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
This poll has been set-up out of idle curiosity to establish the average age of our membership. The results are largely irrelevant, but will give a rough idea to hopefully inspire the younger & older guys that they are not alone!

It's just a temporary sticky so as it stays at the top of this particular forum.

No prizes for guessing which age applies to me!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I've included myself amongst the 903 year-old age group :D

The poll is fairly interesting inasmuch as there seems a fair age spread across those eligible to join, although I anticipated a few more younger ones to be honest. For the slightly older guys it's probably reassuring to see they are not the only ones, likewise those who are at the younger end of eligiblity. To the best of my knowledge we have two female contributors & possibly more that visit out of curiosity & to check their partner isn't saying anything disparaging about them! :eek:ops:

It's also a fair gauge of how many of our membership actually log-in fairly frequently. Over 10% of the total have logged-in over the last 3 days- that's actually quite impressive.

I'll try to let it run (subject to site upgrades & data transfers) to see how many active members we have, I'd be surprised if it's more than 30% to 40% as I suspect many will have joined just to get a one-off query answered or simply to browse.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am on everyday to pick up useful tips and I will be untill I start RT in July :) I am comitted 200% and failure isn't going to happen. I love this site and i think it increases the pass rate by miles. I would have nearly give up if it wasnt for the lads on here!! I am now fit enough for my PJFT!!

Cheers everyone top stuff

( wow u got real carried awa, top stuff anyway!! )

Rob

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
brilliant idea this poll. Sometimes I feel like such a no body because Ive been left school for 4 years and Im doing nothing. its good to know that people the same age as me want to join the marines aswell.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, the only problem I can see with joining up at a slightly older age is not the physical demands but the fact that many have to take a pay drop initially on joining. Those that have taken on finincial commitments they they cannot afford to get rid of, frequently opt to join the RMR.

On that score you'll find the Reservists tend to be at the higher end of the age groups.

chris*

Reaction score
Just turned 26 so that puts me nearer the older end of the scale i think , definately reassuring to see im not alone tho!

Dodger

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im 19 ad going for RMR, only because I am at uni though. I do intend to go for regulars at the end of my course, with a degree to fall back on when i leave.

Dan2508

Reaction score
I'm 27 and was worried that i'd be called grandad or something, nice to see theres a few past the 25 mark so my fears are put to bed now. Cant wait to start.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Dan, there's heaps going to PRMC older than you & likewise in recruit training.

Many haven't voted yet either. Of a membership on this site of around 500, over two hundred have been active on the site in the last month but only around 80 have cast a vote so far. Rest assured there's a good cross-section of ages out there.

Good luck.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I'm 27 and was worried that i'd be called grandad or something, nice to see theres a few past the 25 mark so my fears are put to bed now. Cant wait to start.
Ha ha never worry mate :thumbsup:... I'm 29 and start RT on the 10th March!

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nice shiloh!! uve got *text deleted* date mate! good stuff! good look mate!

cheers

james

Dan2508

Reaction score
cheers ninja,

I'm looking forward to it, and I know it doesn't really matter how old you are its all between the ears. I recently watched commando front line and the bloke that films it is 55 and he passed the 4 commando tests respect to him.

haha i can think of worse nick names than grandad anyways

Good luck shiloh79 you'll have to keep us posted how you get on

darvey

Reaction score
what a relief

again just to say that im glad to see that at 26 im also not alone, wanted to do this since i was 16 from school, things and circumstances have always got in the way and at this point in my life im finally able to say that i can follow my heart and dream, i have benefitted in fact from learning lessons in life along my so called journey that i feel and hope will benefit me greatly, with all things considered i feel i have gained a great respect in struggling to get here, and age will not confront me, the same as fear has been put to one side. i was scared of failing this and so after picking up the application forms filled them out and left them on my table for a week..... stupid arse was i? courage is the ability to overcome the things we fear this is a part of the rm ethos and situations i have experienced have really helped me to understand some of the ethos! especially situations with my family and my son/ex missus it is one thing to understand humility and a totally different to experience it first. to all on ths poll your age is not an issue! if you are good enough to earn a green beret then my son you shall wear it with all the pride and passion that a bootneck has! good luck to us all, believe what your heart tells you to do :giggle:

zooby

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am 19 years and 36 hours old *text deleted*

NDC_OSPREY

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
average age of recruits

might sound like a bit of a weird question but i was wondering what the average age of people joining up is, as by the time i come out of college i'll be 19 and was wondering if i'd be one of the older recruits or not?

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
dude i am worried about being one of the younger recruits, i am 17.

i would imagine there will be a lot of age ranges, however you are one big team.

CJ

chew1e

Reaction score
24, think theres a survey on here showing average age somewhere.