How to do situps ?

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I see in alot of you guys signatures that yourr best efforts are in there.

I just thought I'd give myself a quick 1minute test on how many situps I could do. I managed 30, I feel like I must be doing something wrong because I am in the worst shape of my life and that doesn't seem too bad.

What I did was put my feet under my bed , my hands to the side of my head, well I guess i did normal situps, but is there a special marine way of doing them ?

thanks

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Head touch your knees?? and urs knees touching together (No Gap).... Thats the proper sit up.. Everything else seems right!.. I Can do 87 In two minutes.. Practice makes perfect mate!.. Still struggling on the press ups tho!..

Sam

Robbie Spice

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Right well my head didn't touch my knees and my knees weren't together :P .. I thought I seemed to do quite well since I'm in *text deleted**text deleted* shape.

thanks haha, I feel like an iddiot now , couldn't even do a sit up properly

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
your head doesnt need to touch your knees ,the bottoms of your elbows have to touch the tops of your knees or to the side of the top as some people find it more comfortable that way an your hands have to stay on your temples at all times. hope that helps mate.

Ant Bish

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
go onto the royal marines site mate and register and use the training tool and on it there are videos of how to do each exercise correctly.

Mavrick1664

Reaction score
i find a lot of folk are unsure on the correct technique of exercises, easiest way to find out i think is just type in youtube " royal marines training" quite a few demonstrations there and some vids durin rt, ok for a look, also if you type in blue peter prmc, guy from blue peter did the prmc a while back an its also good jus to see what its like down there, although the reality is they toned down a bit for the cameras, dont think the nlue peter target audience could take the reality,haha

Bish

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
yer that blue peter one is just random compared to what its like and its all in the wrong order what he does it in haha gd to watch tho.

New Threads