How will my Running fair in RT?

ADCFC1999

Reaction score
So my I've been running since I was 16 (now 20) no serious distances the most I did was a 10 miler, I mainly do 5ks n 10ks

However my average 3 miler is done in 22-24 minutes my average 6 miler 50-53

I can run the 1.5 Mile return in about 9:30 pre injury it was 8:59 but even pre injury I was still hitting those scores on my 5ks and 10ks and no matter what I do I just can never seem to shave anymore minutes off really

Im startint RT VERY soon and im always reading on here about you running Ninjas, guess im just lacking a bit of confidence I dont want to be binned for not keeping up!

The guide

Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure
Reaction score
@ADCFC1999 If you around the 9 min mark you are fine , running play only a very small part in training , Muscular endurance, and determination and the ability to always push yourself is much more required.

Charlemagne

Reaction score
If you've passed the pre-joining tests then you've demonstrated that you're able to begin ROP, so don't worry about whether you're going to get binned at the start. The aim of training is to build you up to the standard they require of you, so as long as you're putting in 100% effort and showing a good attitude I don't see why you wouldn't be fine. I wouldn't go down the road of comparing yourself to others either, just do the best that YOU can do. Good luck!