How2Become....A Royal Marine. DVD.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I bought the How2Become DVD the other day for the royal marines.

its worth getting to anybody that hasnt, £10 and it tells you what questions you will be asked in the interview and other things like having dirty shoes when at the AFCO is a bad idea. And to have a joke ready on PRMC and RT because you may be asked! and lots of other things.

also includes a bleep test CD.

anybody else go it??

seriously its worth getting.

:applaus:

THE ISH

Reaction score
Hello sam

Yeah ive got it but in my opinion it a bit out of date in some areas, as for the bleep test i was using it for a while of that cd but i prefer the bleep test off the RM web site because it the one they use a CTC,

its ok for a tenner though, it gives you a bit of an insight but like i say some of its out of date.

but if you really want to know something you can get it for free on this site and its pretty much bang up to date and did i mention its FREE:smile:

Duffy1

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
10 quid to be told not to wear dirty shoes to an interview! Surely a bit of common sense wud tel u that for nothing

THE ISH

Reaction score
10 quid to be told not to wear dirty shoes to an interview! Surely a bit of common sense wud tel u that for nothing
I Rest my case!! alot of it on there is common dog,

there are some good tips one of them is getting people to sponsor you to train to be a Royal Marine either in the joining process or whilts you in RT or both that way you get to raise a bit of cash for charity and it may also give you that extra bit of motivation you need when you threaders.

im not sure if its ever been done probly not!!

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
This has actually been talked about a good few times on this forum and basically we all came to the conclusion that you can learn everything in that package for free on this site. I have read the pdf's that come with the package and to be honest if you were not on this site it would bea good buy but if you found this place there is far better info here.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
obviously thats not all it tells you.:bigsmile:

chew1e

Reaction score
Yeah i got that a while ago. I didn't think it told me anything i didn't already know though... or atleast couldnt find out from the rm website or hear.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
Guys it's all but a scam, the guy goes through the net and searches for content and puts it on a CD / DVD.

Guys it's not been updated for years and you all know how fast things on the prmc change.

You will be wasting your money if you buy it,

D

Deleted

I bought it a while back. Was a waste of a tenner, just everything you can find on this site, but in a different format and put into a neat little download. I found out as much from that as I did from this site in 10 minutes.

D

Deleted

Nope, I wouldn't buy it. Everything in there is on this site

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Yup agree with everyone else, Most information which is shown on a Informational DVD Can actually be found for free on the web, I Know it saves you answering questions on the here etc, But your saving yourself money which isn't needed to be spent!. Theres most information you need either on here or the Royal Marines Official Website!..

Sam

0.01%

Reaction score
Must say I looked at this, not because I thought it's a case of buy that, pass PRMC because that's just daft! *text deleted* My reason was that I just enjoy reading anything to do with the RM's and before i'd done me PRMC I thought it might be an idea to get a different (if indeed it is different from what your AFCO tells you) take on how to train well. But like has been said, end of the day if you want it you will get yourself to the stage where you can pass fitness wise. The PRMC is not a secret, we all know what is required in terms of scores, times etc. Only element of the unknown is exactly what you will be asked on the bottom field, and this is something you can't teach in a book / CD ROM etc.

Anybody able bodied can get themselves fit enough, given enough time, to pass a PRMC, but only those who want it and will not wrap no matter how hard it gets will pass. Simple.