hunter?

pepper

Reaction score
when on rt what sort of *text deleted* qualify you to go to hunter and what would be a medical discharge have read a few posts and getting a bit confused i think any help please .......? (not that i intend on going in there just curious) thanks

Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I believe Hunter is short-term injuries like illnesses, strains and muscle pulls etc.

You will be discharged if an injury is discovered that won't heal or go away for a very like time/ever, or will be reoccurring and will prevent you from performing to a required standard.

I stand to be corrected. :smile1:

M

MTW

im not sure about that, people have been in hunter for over 2 years before....and passed out.

i heard that a medical discharge isnt a one way thing, its your choice too in most cases.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
There is one hunter, but I believe it has 2 sections (troops).

One short term, one long term.

foss

Reaction score
there is a lad thats bin in ther for 3 and a ha;f years i think. he fuked his knee

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
there is a lad thats bin in ther for 3 and a ha;f years i think. he fuked his knee

*text deleted* if he recovers and then fails RT he's *text deleted* be pisssssseedd !

45Bootneck

Reaction score
Alright lads. Hunter is now a coy, due to the amount of lads in there, and it is split into 2 troops. 1 troop is remedial, and is the first stop for you if you pick up an injury. You go to the gym every morning and train there under the guidance of an R.I. until you are healed. From 1 tp, you move to 2 tp to get your fitness back to the level required for the stage of training you are at. 2 tp has, in my opinion, some of the best phys in the whole of CTC and, if you have the right attitude and drive, you'll rejoin a troop far fitter than most of the original lads. Hunter is a ball ache, and at the time it seems like your world has crashed in. Use it to your advantage lads, it's *text deleted**text deleted* getting injured and leaving all your mates, but you'll make hundreds of new mates and you've got massive opportunities to cover skills you won't get taught in training and thus make you a far better soldier. As an example, if you end up in Hunter in the early stages of training, you're going to be learning things from the commando phase etc. Think how much better off you'll be when you return to week 10 for example.

As for what will put you in Hunter, there are boys with fractures, knee ligament problems, spinal problems etc, as well as professional failures. If you fail a criteria test i.e. BPT passout, you'll end up in Hunter 2, and will work on the particular aspect you are struggling with until you crack it and carry on with training. When I joined Hunter Coy, stats showed that 1 in 3 recruits end up there for one reason or other. It's always a possibility but don't worry about it. If you pick up an injury in training, it's no different to picking one up in sport, it's not the end of the world. Get your head down, crack on and get back to training.