Hydration while on exercise

Reaction score
Slightly odd one, but popped in to my mind while on a hike yesterday. I know you get issued a water bottle in RT, and staying hydrated is something I imagine gets hammered into you from day 1 - but how big is it, and how often do you get to top up while out in the field?

After a few bad experiences outdors having to look after people who were *really* dehydrated I've got in to the habit of carrying tonnes more water than I need personally when hiking. So am just curious as to how much more/less I'll be carrying in RT to live off (plus all your other kit obviously!)

SCOTTY6

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
You will carry two black bombers with a litre capacity each. And they keep on top of your hydration, it’s a key thing they check in kit musters, along with checking you have eaten. Gerry cans of water are available in the harbour when in the field. They always will make sure water is available especially while doing phys. While you will be sleep deprived, and hungry in the field, depriving recruits of water would be just down right dangerous.