I got my NSRT coming up what should I expect?

Welsh21

Reaction score

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I was told the NSRT would be temporarily replaced by providing the relevant education certificates (unless you dont have the certificates, in which case you would take the NSRT). Has this changed now/am I mistaken?
Those who meet the minimum educational requirements are currently exempt the NSRT although I've just learned the test itself may go online towards the end of this year and it is believed everyone applying thereafter will take the NSRT.

Welsh21

Reaction score
Those who meet the minimum educational requirements are currently exempt the NSRT although I've just learned the test itself may go online towards the end of this year and it is believed everyone applying thereafter will take the NSRT.
Right ok, makes sense. Thanks for the clarification. So if applying in the next month or so, applicants will probably be exempt from the NSRT (Provided they meet the educational requirements). Then applicants towards the end of this year will take an online NSRT (potentially). Only asking as I am wondering if its worth dedicating my time towards the NSRT if I wont have to take it. Cheers.

Filwyr_Celtaidd

Reaction score
Thanks..... I will definitely make use of the revision links. I will keep everyone updated also.

Filwyr_Celtaidd

Reaction score
Also I have asked a woman on navy chat if I can avoid the NSRT given my qualifications.....

She said..... "the NSRT is a required element of the joining process for everyone joining the Royal Marines and Navy, so it is something you will need to complete in order to progress with your application"