I have become a meme on this forum

ScottishRMR

Reaction score
I understand that the guys with experience are expected to post here now. And this place is more for reading than posting for the inexperienced guys. I didn't expect to gain attention this fast that's all really. Done

Curql

Reaction score
I don’t know if I’m stupid or that this post makes no sense. This thread is about people who want to join the Royal Marines so why would experienced people be posting and inexperienced people be reading? And also I don’t know what the post title has any relevance with

ScottishRMR

Reaction score
I don’t know if I’m stupid or that this post makes no sense. This thread is about people who want to join the Royal Marines so why would experienced people be posting and inexperienced people be reading? And also I don’t know what the post title has any relevance with
Because experienced people have better advice and more to say and are the most valuable to the forum etc. The thread title is relevant you will see once more posters post in the thread

Curql

Reaction score
Because experienced people have better advice and more to say and are the most valuable to the forum etc. The thread title is relevant you will see once more posters post in the thread
You posted this on a thread which is for people asking questions about joining the Royal Marines. The experienced people won’t be posting, they’ll be replying to the inexperienced people who are posting questions etc. And I still have no idea what is relevant about your post to this thread.

ScottishRMR

Reaction score
You posted this on a thread which is for people asking questions about joining the Royal Marines. The experienced people won’t be posting, they’ll be replying to the inexperienced people who are posting questions etc. And I still have no idea what is relevant about your post to this thread.
True all I know is I am stopping my posts for now

Rkec

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I think you need to get balanced advice on any future prospects, have you tried asking on www.paras.uk ? Some experienced guys on there.

Not sure what you would need to do to become a meme on there, you'll have to ask them for advice.

Johnny_Anonie

Reaction score
Reign in those horses @ScottishRMR

Using my powers of deduction I am going to go out on a limb here and presume you are under the age of 18?

In which case it may interest you to have a look at the Royal Marines Cadets. You can join from the ages of 13 to 18 and it may furnish you with some useful skills.
As a cadet you’ll also have the opportunity to take part in an array of adventurous activities like rock climbing, camping, mountain biking and abseiling. It’s not your average youth club.

Have a search online.

More here : https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/royal-marines-cadets.131794/

Omega

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I didn't expect to gain attention this fast that's all really. Done
How fast do you usually expect to draw attention to yourself?

So far as I can see, someone asks a question & someone who knows the answer, does their best to help.

Most of the trained ranks on here were once in your position, joined the forum, found it useful, then came back to help those following-on after they passed out. Similarly those aiming to join, try to help others from the experiences they have gained along the way.

It's often said there's no such thing as a daft question. This is usually followed by; "No, but there's a few near misses", or "Only when the schools are off and the kids are bored".

Probably fewer than 10% of forum users actually get as far as passing selection and about half of them reach Kings Squad, so we kinda value all input because it keeps the forum going for the benefit of everyone, not just those seeking attention.

Rob20

Royal Marines Commando Moderator
Reaction score
Mate as I said to you, no need to hide. Just abit of thought before typing at times. You've certainly increased traffic on the forum and we need that from time to time. For someone in the application process I guarantee you, what will help you is:
A critique of your current fitness plan
Do you know the 10 VC Winners?
Do you know the Corps memorable dates?
Do you know all the units and where they are based?
Do you know what is involved in training?
What happens after training?

All info like that will actually help you through the process. Also, I know you're interested in RMR so perhaps knowing more about the time commitments or pros and cons compared to going full time etc.

As said, the search tool will be full of information but if you're struggling to find info, ask. That's why we're here. If everyone just used the search tool all the time I hate to say it but there would probably be very little traffic on here at all, so we dont mind new threads, as long as they show some relevance to you achieving your goal.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I understand that the guys with experience are expected to post here now. And this place is more for reading than posting for the inexperienced guys. I didn't expect to gain attention this fast that's all really. Done
Mate. You aren’t a meme. You are just young and more eager than an angry beaver. No one has a problem with that or resent you for it.

But you have to realise this isn’t Facebook, or a social media site. This is a forum for discussion and information. As I’ve said before, being a bootneck is about being a thinking mans soldier, having initiative. Finding the solutions to your problems, not just expecting everyone else to give you the answer.

We all give up a lot of time to endeavour to help people, and none of us get paid for it. But we are happy to do so. However when you pop up asking a question that’s been answered a few times before, it’s a bit tedious. You aren’t the first to do it and won’t be the last. So don’t take it to heart.

You are more than welcome, just try to remember this isn’t Facebook

Broadsword55

Reaction score
I personally quite like the increased activity seeing something new once in a while but asking too much will make you look like the boy who cried wolf or someone with 8000 posts on Instagram and 5 followers