i passed but...........

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had and passed my interview 2 day , but failed on the medical for................................. not being able to wink with my left eye !

NUTS !!

i can only wink with my right

thoughts ?

Ben

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I think, what realy makes a decent Marine, is a decent wink, if you don't have it............

gibbo

Reaction score
oh dear, i can hardly wink either, i can close my left eye and keep my right open but only slightly

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The majority of individuals manage to pass the wink test after one or two weeks practising holding the left eyelid shut whilst opening the right eye & closing it again.

Believe it or not we've previously had people unable to shoot accurately because of not being able to wink. In this rare instance, the individual was discharged medically unsuitable for failing the weapons test and being a potential danger because they could not shoot accurately.

It's not an insurmountable problem for the vast majority, but a necessary element of selection.

Good luck.

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
im finding it really hard to do .

I have 28 days to book my FJFT so hopefully i will be able to it b 4 that

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I had and passed my interview 2 day , but failed on the medical for................................. not being able to wink with my left eye !

NUTS !!

thoughts ?

Ben

Is this a joke of some discription???

Spotted Frog

Reaction score
Wink test???

That is bonkers! Luckily i can wink with both eyes, didn't eeven occur to me that some people might not be able to do this.

However surely if you can have you vision corrected with glasses they could give you a Patch!! *text deleted*.

:doh:

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i must be missing something. but if u just shove *text deleted* one cheeck up shudn't u be bale to close *text deleted* eye as well on the one side. or am i missing this *text deleted**text deleted* completely

encn

Reaction score
I was never asked to close one eye during the Medical or eye test, but I can't wink either - it's no joke people; its to do with the muscles around your eyes being linked or not - some people can wink some can't - bit like rolloing your tongue.

Anyway, I might have got away with it at the medical, but I had better get practicing I don't want to get MD'ed because of it!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my brother failed on this for the deep sea diving, they only asked me to shut one eye and that was it.
Dont worry atall mate cause you can practise this in about a week by just doing it every few minutes

ben25

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
my brother failed on this for the deep sea diving, they only asked me to shut one eye and that was it.
Dont worry atall mate cause you can practise this in about a week by just doing it every few minutes

its going well actually , ive been mack from my medical 7 hrs and i can do it already.

i still looks like both eyes are closed but it still does the job.

if i keep practicing then ill be a winking legend very soon :cool:

Ben

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Thats pretty mental, i have had my medical and i do not think i was tested on winking... *text deleted*

Well Good Luck with it all!

Richard

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I have never heard of this wink test before. But yea it is belivable, i just checked if i could do it then and i can! haha. I think this is just a test the Navy do? Because it has never been mentioned from the friends i have in the RAF and Army, but it is somthing that would be tested later on through training i supose if you can't shoot a gun accurately. So practise if you cant! :amuse:

Chicogiz

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
So if you get tested on winking, what else do you get tested 4? I can wink easy, i thought every could *text deleted*.

Simmoinshoes

Reaction score

NUTS !!

thoughts ?

Ben

:amazed: Unlucky mate. That sounds a little harsh tho. Hopefully youll be able to get it sorted.

I was'nt asked to wink at all :weird:

Layden23

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
"Know what i mean ? nudge nudge...WINK WINK"
*text deleted* sry, *text deleted* love ole monty python

S

Sotiris

Don't underestimate the importance of the Commando wink lads. If you can't wink, you can't focus on the sights. If you can't focus you can't shoot. It you can't shoot you can't go Commando.