I Want To Join Marines But.....

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
I want to join the marines but whenever i go running i get continuous pains on both sides in my lower back and it doesnt feel like muscular pain, i had these pains when i was about 9 and went to a doctor and he gave me some stretches to do and it worked and the pains have been gone until i have started to run more now. im going to see a doctor about it soon.

The worrying thing is my dad and my sister have problems with their lower backs and have had to have operations. I might cry if it turns out i cant join marines!

My question is, if i fail the medical in the marines and can't join, would i still be able to join the army with no problems??? i know its a bit of a step down *text deleted*.

thanks lads...:dontaskme:

D

Deleted

Go to see a physiotherapist perhaps? Might do the trick, I went to one a couple of yoears back when I had knee problems playing football and have no problems anymore.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The Tri-Service medical guidance notes state the following may be a bar to entry (regardless of which service):

Musculoskeletal disorders

Any abnormality that interferes with the ability to undertake military training.
Spinal abnormalities. Certain spinal operations. Recurrent back pain or sciatica.
Joint disease, pain or limitation of joint movement. Hypermobility (laxity)
of the joints, Bone or joint operations within the last 12 months. Anterior
cruciate ligament reconstruction (subject to slngle Service policy). Recurrent
joint dislocations. Severe deformity following fractures. Loss of a Iimb. Foot
abnormalities (e.g. club foot, hammer toe). Complete loss of either big toe.
Complete loss of either thumb. Arthritis and similar conditions.

It's definitely worth seeing your GP & getting it positively diagnosed & treated before you possibly cause further injury. At the very least, switch to non-impact CV exercise until you have seen your Doc.

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
cheers guys :applaus:

TheYeti

Reaction score
I had a similar probelm with my lower back.

I was damn sure it wasn't muscular pain too '*text deleted* it hurt so much.

Went to see my GP and he said it almost certainly was just the muscles going into spasm for some reason - probably something to do with an old injury.

He sorted me out with a months supply muscle relaxant pills and told me to get on my merry way and keep on exercising it.

2 months later and my back is pretty much spot on.

Lloydy101

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Mate its probably growing pains!!

they suck big time...im 16, 100kgs and 6 ft 5 and still growing!!

i had those pains for weeks then i stretched before and after fitness now i am great

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
I dont mean to be derogatory (dont know how you spell it) But your making excuses before you start. And to me it sounds like stitch.

If you want it, get your head down and work through it, when you get to training you are going to be by far more uncomfotable that you are now.

If its a serious medical condition, the Doc will see it.

I have aches and pains on a regular basis, just life and training will make all muscles hurt, in fact if it makes you feel any better......i have one under my right bicep right this second....mind that might be from too much *text deleted*in?

Dont make escuses, you'll never get anything done in life.

Keep up the training and good luck

Stacka

Army Commando
Reaction score
Mate its probably growing pains!!

they suck big time...im 16, 100kgs and 6 ft 5 and still growing!!

i had those pains for weeks then i stretched before and after fitness now i am great

*text deleted**text deleted*ing hell Lloydy......what is your mother feeding you!!!

Latest posts

New Threads