Idea's anyone?

RicAl91

Reaction score
So i have my PRMC in approx. 10 weeks, for which i've been waiting and training for months. Recently, however i've developed a calf strain and i obviously need to rest it to be on form for PRMC! Any idea of how to keep on top of my cardio whilst still ensuring my injury mends? I've heard my calf is going to need 4-6 weeks to heal properly. Anyone do a lot of swimming that could maybe explain the basics of using swimming to increase my fitness? Should i do sets of few fast lengths, lots of lengths, lots of fast lengths? I can swim alright but i've never really used it to get fit, more a cool down after the gym. Cheers in advance.

Bohdan

Reaction score
Any type of swimming is good really, can just mix it up you feel. I find breast stroke at a steady pace for 60 lengths is a good workout. And every X amount of lengths go for some fast breast stokes for 2 - 3 lengths.
You could also do rowing or cycling

RicAl91

Reaction score
Any type of swimming is good really, can just mix it up you feel. I find breast stroke at a steady pace for 60 lengths is a good workout. And every X amount of lengths go for some fast breast stokes for 2 - 3 lengths.
You could also do rowing or cycling
I have a bike. You not think that would hinder my calf healing? If not then thats good news at least i can put some serious miles in on the cardio side of things!

Grimmey

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Its all really about staying off the impact exercises, which running is mostly(football, rugby etc.) just basically stay off your feet for how ever long you need, cycling is good because its no impact just remember to stretch properly.

It might be an idea to do calf stretches and exercises if you aren't already to strengthen them up and to reduce the risk of injury next time your running.

Bohdan

Reaction score
I have a bike. You not think that would hinder my calf healing? If not then thats good news at least i can put some serious miles in on the cardio side of things!
I'd of thaught youd be alright if you didn't ride up hills and just kept it as flat as you can and not go really fast where you powering with you legs, just keep it steady. Give it a go, and if you do feel it's too much on your calf then just don't try it again, *text deleted* can only give it a go

Mod Edit: Please do not use text speak.