If you fail your PRMC how long before a re-take?

MT6690

Reaction score
Just wondering, not that im *text deleted* fail mine:sad:

i just wanted to know how long it is before you can try again, any info plz lads. cheers.

MT.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends on the PRMC Staff assessing you.

If you perform poorly overall they may defer you from anything between 4 months upwards. As you say, you realy don't want to do it twice, so passing first time is always the preferred option. Most people who fail twice should seriously consider whether it's what they really want before they attempt to convince their Careers Adviser they are worth another gamble, maybe a year or two later.

himself

Reaction score
i was looking on the navy site at the PRMC info (http://www.royal-navy.mod.uk/server/show/conWebDoc.573/changeNav/3533) and i came across something that i hadnt heard off before on there is lists 3 possible outcomes the last being the one below:

"Failed PRMC - Not Yet Ready for Recruit Training. These are candidates whose performance indicates that they need longer than the 3 week Development course before they will be ready to attend another PRMC."

whats this 3 week development course?? anyone know??

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
PRMDC no longer exists. The RN site is out of date in that particular area. I've given-up notifying them of errors as the company that runs the site is extremely slow.

The development course was simply an experiment whereby you joined CTC, trained for 3 weeks, re-took PRMC & started training immediately after passing.

Currently you either pass or fail.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Olá. There are a few things that can happen.

1) You just miss the mark and are offered the chance to go back down within 1-2 months.

2) You fail miserably and MAY be allowed to take it within 3-6 (rare case 12) months

3) You fail miserably and act like a mong about it, you will not be allowed back down.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Olá. There are a few things that can happen.

1) You just miss the mark and are offered the chance to go back down within 1-2 months.

2) You fail miserably and MAY be allowed to take it within 3-6 (rare case 12) months

3) You fail miserably and act like a mong about it, you will not be allowed back down.

It's extremely rare to be invited to re-take in 1-2 months *text deleted*. Minimum is usually 3.

Midnight_assassin

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
right lads, it's simple! don't fail, as my chief said, it's a test were going to do, but we have all the answers so theres no reason to fail, as ab lincon said! Failure to prepare is preparing to fail!

New Threads