Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
For fuller site visibility and advert-free browsing, simply log-in or register.

I'm 25... Here's my current run times and gym scores.

Discussion in 'Training Plans and Diet Suggestions' started by BarracudaTwo, Sep 5, 2019.

1. BarracudaTwo

BarracudaTwo New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Hi All,

I'm looking to get your opinion on my fitness levels and whether you guys think I have a long road ahead to achieve what is needed.

I've now started training again after a considerable amount of time off. I've also had to adjust my training since deciding to join the Marines due to complications with the other role I was applying for. My current levels are as follows...

Running Best Efforts
    1k: 04:10
    1 mile: 07:00
    5k: 30:18
    *I'm yet to test myself on the 2x 2.4km run & bleep test.

Gym
    Push-ups: 29
    Sit-ups: 43
    Pull-ups: 9

Looking forward to your views and hoping to get some tips regarding my running as I've never been much of a runner.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Illustrious

Illustrious Royal Marines Commando - Moderator

Run times don't seem like they're too much of a drama, however your body weight exercises need some work.

Not an insurmountable task ahead, just focus on it and you'll be fine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. PPLLOOFF

PPLLOOFF Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    You're getting there, just keep improving. Only thing that sticks out to me as weak is the 5k time unless you ran it a long time ago. I'm aware it isn't a tested criteria but if you can smash a 5k the first 2.4k in the running test will become a true warm-up and increase your vo2 max a lot.

On top of keeping on improving your bodyweight exercises I'd advise you to work on being able to maintain that 4:10 pace and get a sub 21 minute 5k. Losing almost 10 minutes shows your cardiovascular system needs some work.

Best way for me was having some competition by spending my Saturday mornings doing https://www.parkrun.org.uk/ (It's free)
    Already posted about it here on the fitness sub-forum. If you have a competitive spirit I guarantee you will see some results.