Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

hi everyone, for those who don't know me I use to use this forum like a bible before I began training with the marines, I'm 27 and from Newcastle. I got to week seven then was hunter'd due to stress fractures I made a very poor decision to leave ctcrm after approx. 5/6 weeks of hunter due to the injury bringing me down and also family issues at home! well I decided to re-join and I am now in the process. I left in October and was giving a 6 month return date which is pretty good considering a lot got 1 to 2 year return dates if one at all. if anyone wants to pick my brains about ctcrm feel free I will answer as much as I can.also I will be using the knowledge of others on here to help myself! ive learnt a lot from when I first signed up I made mistakes but I'm in good steed now fit strong and plenty of time to tackle the dreaded prmc.

• Like Like x 4
    • Seen Seen x 1
  2. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

cheers

3. Fibonarchie

Fibonarchie Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Welcome home Geordie! Good to have ya back.

4. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

thanks mate

5. old-lynx-mech

old-lynx-mech Active Member

Welcome back @Geordie potatoe understand your situation as my lad has just been 'huntered' for similar. He will be coming home for a couple of weeks sick leave then on with the show. Would be interested in your take on hunter and any do's and dont's! What is the deal with finch and bamford?
    Glad you are back walking the walk and let everyone know what your current stats. are (fit and strong?)

• Like Like x 1
  6. Wooden

Wooden Member

@Geordie potatoe Had *text deleted** Text Speak *text deleted** had problems with your shins prior to starting Rt?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2016
  7. Marine To Be

Marine To Be Member

What kind of phys do you do during foundation? I start RT on the 29th Feb.

8. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

@old-lynx-mech hi afraid I cant help you with the bamford and finch question. but as for do's and donts I would say definitely just keep a professional manor in hunter coy although it is very relaxed in hunter in comparison to being in a troop it is easy to get lazy and cut corners don't the training team will pick up on this they see more then you think and they will make life hard ha. a must is keep your locker secure at all times or a fellow oppo will get a mop or brush shaft and wreck your cupboard ha! theres a lot of messing on goes on in there try not to get caught up in it stay the grey man and keep your eye on the prize.it can also be a hugely depressing time watching your troop advance through training as you sit going no where so as a parent lots of support through this time. some people love hunter tell him don't be that guy! and work hard in phys sessions you will be awarded with long weekends and days out shooting the glock 17 etc. and once I do my stats I will up load.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

no mate I was just unlucky

10. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

gym and swim stead runs nothing majorly extreme although every gymsession is a hang out! when they say training is progressive what they mean is they add exercises or reps to every new session. you will start with a vigorous warm up running in circles left right up down etc then on your spots which you will be giving that will be your spot from now on.you will do all the jogging on spot with high knees the teach you gym disapline with a huge attention to detail on form.then press ups to the ptis count and burpees just real standard stuff but form is paramount! everything in the gym is strict and they have strickers to keep you right. I'm sure it was week 2 or something like that before we even started doing sit ups! its nothing you haven't already done the sessions fly over. you will learn to hate the words "in your place for camp circuit" its a 850 meter dash around camp but its with these you start realising your progression. and swimmimg is fun enjoy it! once you do gym pass out at week 9 you go to bottom field where its much more relaxed but physically I imagine will be a killer because remember prmc ha. but foundation other then the shocking times you get to do things and all the admin that is all new to you is ok. you will spend loads of time in lectures and signing stuff. and remember its only 2 weeks then you get a little bit freedom. every troop is different some get time ashore at weekends some don't but above all just dig deep keep going and don't stop you will regret it! just embrace it and think its all for an awesome career and if you think about wrapping think about the work you put in to get there! do you really want to go through that again. best of luck

• Like Like x 6
  11. Notts.forest

Notts.forest Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    What is it about hunter besides seeing your troop progress that really drains your motivation ??

• Like Like x 1
  12. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

@Notts.forest hi mate! to be honest it can be a nice break from the mayhem of being in a troop in your early weeks but motivation could maybe go because although your still active you aren't as active you do get a lot of free time and also every weekend off pretty much. i think a lot who leave when in hunter may have already been defeated before getting there mentally. it can make or break you I would say. when you are there your in a total different mind state you go go through an emotional rollercoaster of highs and lows and a lot of sleep depravation a knock like an injury could be the decider or you can take it as an opportunity to get your self squared away. everyones different as are there experiences down there. don't get me wrong the hunter team are good and the facilities are great. and even by week 7 you have made real good mates who you love to be around then your separated all those little factors can play apart. but some people are solid and just power through try to be like that just embrace it all and take everyday as it comes one step at a time. but would highly recommend anyone who wants to leave don't act in the moment always give yourself a week to mull it over at least before making any decisions one day you could be sure you want to go the next your bombing around a camp circuit like terminator thinking your the mutts nutts haha

• Gen Dit Gen Dit x 1
  13. Ryan222

Ryan222 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    When is you prmc ?

14. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

@Ryan222 hi ive got to wait to beginning of april before I can start the process again but will skip all the boring stuff and just go to medical and pjft then prmc. they are just getting my files from lympstone ready until my 6 month is up pal. do you have your date yet?

15. Ryan222

Ryan222 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PJFT
    Ahhh right I get it hahah and I have my prmc on the 2nd Feb

16. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

good luck and smash it! just never stop moving and you will pass just don't quit.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Notts.forest

Notts.forest Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks mate that's helps!! Good luck on your PRMC

18. Notts.forest

Notts.forest Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thanks mate that's helps!! Good luck on your PRMC

19. Geordie potatoe

Geordie potatoe Member

20. joeyjonser

joeyjonser Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    We are in the same boat! Injured same week of training, opted out after same amount of time in hunter now both reapplying. The medical side has been a pain had to get a copy of my mri scan, a pediatrists report, a letter off my doctor saying I've been injury free since leaving ctc and a 3 month fitness programme!