Im down at the moment :-(

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Ive got about 4 weeks to my PRMC and im a bit concerned about after that and life in RT.Im really keen on the job and the lifestyle but i get this feeling that I wont be able to keep up with the fitness side mainly on my CV aspect.Press ups,no problem,im getting a good 60 now and nearly hitting 80 on the situps while still at the 7/8 mark on the pullups.but however hard i try on the CV side just as I get to the point where Im starting to improve and get some where a niggly injury will flare up.I dont think its not warming up properly,or the shoes,overtraining or the terrain...I think its just im not meant to run *text deleted*.

I think Im still going to keep going for PRMC,hope im fit enough for it and see how I get on.I know they arent looking for supermen but I just get the feeling I aint going to be able to get the level expected in RT.Maybe I should go for a techy trade instead where the fitness requirements arent as high

Ahhh help-I need motivation!Because at the moment this is looking very alluring...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/rafpolicenoncommissionedofficer.cfm

Rant over

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Im down too mate. I got some injuries that are not healing, and I haven't ran in about a month because of it. Not to mention an eczema flare up which sucks !.

This is what it comes down too though. PEACE OF MIND !. Do you want to go through life wondering if you could of did it ?. Getting a new job outside of the Royal Marines and wondering if you blew your chance when you hit 32 years of age ??. Look at Chris Terril mate, 55 year old bloke, and he did the Commando tests. It's always possible !. *text deleted* be true to, yourself, and your goals. If the Royal Marines were easy, everyone would do it.

If you try, and do not succeed, oh well. Would you rather say I went and tried, but it wasen't for me, or instead wonder if you really could of passed. It'll eat you alive inside for a life time mate. Just try it, only 1 year to bring a lifetime of peace of mind !!.

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
about a month ago I started to have doubts as
I'm only 16 but just try to imagine yourself as KINGS SQUAD and recieving your beret!! Crack mate

RC

Reaction score
Globe-Trotter said:
Ive got about 4 weeks to my PRMC and im a bit concerned about after that and life in RT.Im really keen on the job and the lifestyle but i get this feeling that I wont be able to keep up with the fitness side mainly on my CV aspect.Press ups,no problem,im getting a good 60 now and nearly hitting 80 on the situps while still at the 7/8 mark on the pullups.but however hard i try on the CV side just as I get to the point where Im starting to improve and get some where a niggly injury will flare up.I dont think its not warming up properly,or the shoes,overtraining or the terrain...I think its just im not meant to run *text deleted*.

I think Im still going to keep going for PRMC,hope im fit enough for it and see how I get on.I know they arent looking for supermen but I just get the feeling I aint going to be able to get the level expected in RT.Maybe I should go for a techy trade instead where the fitness requirements arent as high

Ahhh help-I need motivation!Because at the moment this is looking very alluring...

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/jobs/rafpolicenoncommissionedofficer.cfm

Rant over
Alright Mate.

Don't worry about not being able to keep up in RT. If you pass PRMC then the staff are obviously fairly confident you have what it takes. After 32 weeks of structured training (which is designed to prepare you for the Commando Course) you should be more than capable of passing the tests. As you probably know, training is progressive, gradually building you up to the required standard.

What injury problems have you had ?

Rich.

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Fitness

Guys: Rich is absolutely spot on with his response to you.

You aren't expected to be mega fit when you start training, just fairly fit and determined to make it through training.

Your training team will get you fit and it is as Rich stated a gradual build up process.

So: Keep your chin up and work on your motivation to succeed as you're already on the first rung of the ladder.

Best Regards

Steve

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
Cheers for the encouragement guys-I really need it.I think half my problem is phycological-I just cant afford to fail,ive got too much expectation from my friends and family that i can sail through this.I need to somehow channel this to my advantage and use it for when the times are low

I think I need to go down there,give it my best shot and let the intsructors decide if I cant carry on or need to pull me out,until that day just keep at it.If I give it my all and its not good nough then at least I will know I gave it my best shot and it wasnt meant to be.

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Globe-Trotter said:
Cheers for the encouragement guys-I really need it.I think half my problem is phycological-I just cant afford to fail,ive got too much expectation from my friends and family that i can sail through this.I need to somehow channel this to my advantage and use it for when the times are low

I think I need to go down there,give it my best shot and let the intsructors decide if I cant carry on or need to pull me out,until that day just keep at it.If I give it my all and its not good nough then at least I will know I gave it my best shot and it wasnt meant to be.
Hiya mate, just been reading your posts! I think everyone feels like your at at the moment, god knows i have :wink:
Totally agree with what RC & Ste preece are saying as well as the other lads to! Just focus on what yuo need to do mate, take it one step at a time .... and remember YOU'RE DOING THIS FOR YOU NOT YOUR FRIENDS & FAMILY! I totally understand what you mean by feeling that you *text deleted* preform for them mate, but its you thats *text deleted* go through the 32wks of training :wink:
Anyways enough from me dude .... chin up buddy, you'll be fine! :wink:

SamForrest

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I know how your feeling mate. I had to cancel my PRMC last year due to shin splints,and its still ongoing more than 6months on,and i also lost my girlfreind of 4 years as i was so keen on joining. Im training loads,but its a problem,its very hard to sometimes struggle through my training when im feeling like its all useless. But i know,however long it takes i will get there,ive got into the mentallity now that I WILL join,and untill i have i wont give up,be it another 6 months,or 6 years,its all the same.

Like the lads have said fitness although important isnt as big as people think. Im working out loads,but my running sucks and thats worrying me,but i know i can complete a PRMC,and hope my attitude and other strengths will shine through. All you have to do is get that far and the rest will be easier.

Once your in training ,EVERYONE will have doubts at some point,its when you all club to together and say to yourself you wont be the first to quit,and then its just a case of holding on and letting the weeks pass.

Head up mate. It will come...

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Adam, apologies i'm not trying to hi-jack your thread but it must be the weather or something cause since you've posted this i've gotten a bit pissed of & down too ... what with my whole RT date no closer to being confirmed, my mate already being in RT and the feeling of being a bit de-motivated!
Ha ha to top it all off, i've had the crapiest workout tonight ... just felt like jacking it in half way through it ... though forced myself to finish!
If my mate had of been here he'd be telling me to dry my eyes and get on with it, ha ha i miss that :*text deleted*: but kinda struggling to keep focused with everything up in the air at the moment .... no wonder they say january is the most depressing month of the year :*text deleted*:

Anyways rant or whatever you wnat to call it over :eek:ops: :*text deleted*:

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Hey at least you guys have another option! If you leave you still have a home and family within 20 000km. For me I CANT fail, if I do I'll probably end up sleeping on the station platform outside CTCRM, I will quite realistically be out on the street.
I'm living at my aunt and uncle now but they are moving to Aus pretty much as soon as I get into RT, if not before. So once they leave I'll only know 1 person in the country who is a current serving RM, and last I checked 45cmdo dont rent rooms haha!
But I just use it as more motivation, I've given up everything, family, friends, a girl who I was going to marry after being with her for 4 years and so on. So at no point will I ever say 'I've had enough' never...

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
where about u living at the moment kiwi? *text deleted* u could come live at my place if the sh*t hits the fan :wink:

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
mr_kiwi1 said:
Hey at least you guys have another option! If you leave you still have a home and family within 20 000km. For me I CANT fail, if I do I'll probably end up sleeping on the station platform outside CTCRM, I will quite realistically be out on the street.
I'm living at my aunt and uncle now but they are moving to Aus pretty much as soon as I get into RT, if not before. So once they leave I'll only know 1 person in the country who is a current serving RM, and last I checked 45cmdo dont rent rooms haha!
But I just use it as more motivation, I've given up everything, family, friends, a girl who I was going to marry after being with her for 4 years and so on. So at no point will I ever say 'I've had enough' never...
Well thats put things into perspective then :wink: cheers amigo, sometime i just need a good boot up the ass :*text deleted*: My mate in RT would be proud of ya ! :D

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Plummy said:
where about u living at the moment kiwi? *text deleted* u could come live at my place if the sh*t hits the fan :wink:
I'm in Colchester at the moment, but as I said in a month or two I will probably be living where ever I can find a roof, that is if I fail PRMC or get MD'd from RT. The only way I'm leaving CTC is by being thrown out!

Its odd tho, because I bet if I was some Somalian refugee I would have my own house by now :*text deleted*:

FletchPRMC

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Alright mate, I know how your feeling. Just as I was getting really fit, I had problems with my ankles, I switched my fitness work to swimming and cycling. Meanwhile in the gym I did lots of dynamic strengthing exercises, has definatly helped, Ive kept my fitness and ready to start gentle running again soon.

Ty

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
mr_kiwi1 said:
Plummy said:
I'm in Colchester at the moment, but as I said in a month or two I will probably be living where ever I can find a roof, that is if I fail PRMC or get MD'd from RT. The only way I'm leaving CTC is by being thrown out!

Its odd tho, because I bet if I was some Somalian refugee I would have my own house by now :*text deleted*:
I hear ya kiwi. Coming from Canada in a bit and I really don't know anyone in England. Still need to find someone to shack up with *text deleted*. If we both get kicked out, we get a place together mate ! haha. However, the main thing is DON'T get kicked out !.

mr_kiwi1

Reaction score
Figures...I know plenty of people I could live with in Canada, from Vancouver to Ontario haha

South

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
PhilB said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cMStMOnhMo

Now imagine the day when you're in that position collecting your lid.

That might help a little.
Cant immagine a prouder moment!
I want this with a passion!