I'm going to court!!

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Not a 'Jollie' I know but...

I am taking a 'Mr Sneddon', the owner of MINIMOTO-POINT.CO.UK, to court for being scum!!

I received a rear shock from him and it was scratched to sh1t and far too big for my bike, so within 24 hours, I sent it back.

He is refusing to give my money back AND says I have to pay again for him to send it to me!!

All his email correspendance has been so so rude and unproffesional.

I have spoken to my dads solicitor and shown him the emails, and he said I will definitely win.

He is directly going against the consumer protection legislation, distance selling act 2000.

He is absolute scum, beware of MINIMOTO-POINT.CO.UK

Gixer600Dan

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Ayup matt, i got my prmc booked straight after pjft this month for december, whys yours after xmas? I have been waiting forever for selection processes though, and i did the 3 miler. Anyway mini-motos are notorisly (spelling...pfft) to do with scumbags especially the dealers. Not that your a scumbag, i dunno maybe you are but hey whos judgeing. Talking of judgeing good luck with your case, haul his ass, sick of bogus dealers.

S

Sotiris

Haha when I saw the thread title I thought you were being charged! That would have thrown a spanner in the works, phew.

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
sorry to hear that mate and good luck with it. let us know how it turns out.

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
yea it be good to know happend what did

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Good luck with that.

Go on http://consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/ and look on their forums. Theres a wealth of information regarding laws and that on here.

Did you know if you are parked on a private carpark, like tesco or comet for example and its owned by a company not a council, and you get a ticket for parking over the allowed time or something, you don't have to pay it, all you get is an invoice, theres no legally binding contract to say you have to pay. They will send you threatening letters that look official from the council and all that, but all in all they can't do sh*t. If it was the council on the other hand you'd have to pay... :eek:

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ayup matt, i got my prmc booked straight after pjft this month for december, whys yours after xmas? I have been waiting forever for selection processes though, and i did the 3 miler. Anyway mini-motos are notorisly (spelling...pfft) to do with scumbags especially the dealers. Not that your a scumbag, i dunno maybe you are but hey whos judgeing. Talking of judgeing good luck with your case, haul his ass, sick of bogus dealers.

I don't know why I have to wait so long, they just told me they were full.

Maybe each AFCO can only put a certain amount of applicants on each PRMC date, and they have already filled their alloted spaces........

how did it go or have you not been yet?

One of my uncles is a Magistrate and he helped me out so so much.

I found out that I could take him to court for free as it is a claim for under £5000.

Also I learnt HUGE amounts about the distance selling act 2000, and the court told me that 'Mr Sneddon' didn't have a hope in hell of winning!

I filled out the small claims form, got 2 witness statements and handed them in with the form, along with my statement and the copy of our entire email correspondence.

After 'Mr Sneddon' had recieved all this from the court, he contacted me and told me he would refund me in full, which he has.

No longer a need to go to court.

Shame, I was looking forward to it!!

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Well done! I do not think it is uncommon with scum like that to try it on but as soon as they see you mean business often just payout.

Is rubbish really as the average consumer i would not think would actually bother with taking someone to court.

New Threads