I'm going to give up boxing for now

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Under 4 weeks till my PRMC and boxing is not doing anything great for my fitness now. They've stopped all the circuit training for now and are mainly concentrating on techniques to the sport.

It's costing £40 a month and I haven't really got £40 to spend for luxuary, so I'm going to quit it after tommorow and focus on my British Military Fitness classes which are quite more intense at the moment and passing this PRMC is my only goal at this moment.

Boxing is always there, I can do it some other time in life. I like boxing a lot, but all it's done is give me thoughts that I've now got shin splints!

Do you guys think I'm making the right descion to quit boxing for now?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
Under 4 weeks till my PRMC and boxing is not doing anything great for my fitness now. They've stopped all the circuit training for now and are mainly concentrating on techniques to the sport.

It's costing £40 a month and I haven't really got £40 to spend for luxuary, so I'm going to quit it after tommorow and focus on my British Military Fitness classes which are quite more intense at the moment and passing this PRMC is my only goal at this moment.

Boxing is always there, I can do it some other time in life. I like boxing a lot, but all it's done is give me thoughts that I've now got shin splints!

Do you guys think I'm making the right descion to quit boxing for now?

I would,
the BMF classes will help you a lot as they can conduct things like they would be done at PRMC and RT,
and they know how to get people fit.

You can always carry on boxing in the Marines.

AdamG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I would,
the BMF classes will help you a lot as they can conduct things like they would be done at PRMC and RT,
and they know how to get people fit.

You can always carry on boxing in the Marines.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. I'm still very new into boxing though. About 6 weeks into it so I'm a total novice. 6 weeks is absolutely nothing and even though they are now teaching us new things, I haven't got the time to learn these new things if the fitness isn't there.

Boxing in the Marines would be good, but I'm sure they don't do it down in Lympstone do they? They'd still have to train me up for that because like I said I'm still a novice *text deleted*.

Paul-M

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
They don't do it in Lympstone because everyone will be exhausted and also not have time, but they do do a bit of hand to hand combat techniques, and once you get to a unit you will get plenty of opportunity to box. If you feel boxing isn't helping your training, then by all means quit.

GaryA

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
u dont need to go to a club to box! i just go to my local gym and set the ring timer to 1min and do 1 min on the bag then break for 20 secs and then another min so on and so on