Im Gutted

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was filling my application form out before and i made a mistake in one of the boxes, and i written in pen, i have 3 options:

get a new form
buy a pen eraser
or tip ex it out

any suggestions

Ulick

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i was filling my application form out before and i made a mistake in one of the boxes, and i written in pen, i have 3 options:

get a new form
buy a pen eraser
or tip ex it out

any suggestions
Don't be gutted mate, jeebus I thought you'd failed something vital, crack on chin up, balls in a comfortable position. :)

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Mate, we're normally chuffed if someone has managed to spell their name without too many crossings out - chill back!

As long as it's legible and reasonably tidy, then that is acceptable for now. Eventually the form will either be completed online or scanned- that hasn't happened yet, so it just needs to be comprehensible to another human.

Tipex is not a good idea, nor needed.

Interestingly, a lot of companies use handwriting analysis to suss out the character of the individual. The Royal Marines worked out a long time ago that the handwriting on Armed Forces application forms was usually that of a 30-40 year-old female.

The female is usually the Mother of a son wishing to join the service.

JG

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
its just in the next of kin box, ive put my fathers forename and relation so like this:

wayne/father

PhilB

Reaction score
Blimey, i thought you'd got 29 miles thru the 30 miler and your leg had fallen off or something! :)

blocky

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
*text deleted* u think that's bad!! I'd completed mine only after when I read the font to realise I needed to write in black ink!! When I'd wrote in blue! Damn it!! *text deleted* oh well I made loads of mistakes on the security form=\ oopsy

Blue Man

Reaction score
If you really bad, then go to your AFCO, explain and I'm sure the won't mind giving you another one.

MIKESW

Reaction score
I made a mistake mate, I went back to the careers office and ask for another form, no problems...

Ashley

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Mate, we're normally chuffed if someone has managed to spell their name without too many crossings out - chill back!

As long as it's legible and reasonably tidy, then that is acceptable for now. Eventually the form will either be completed online or scanned- that hasn't happened yet, so it just needs to be comprehensible to another human.

Tipex is not a good idea, nor needed.

Interestingly, a lot of companies use handwriting analysis to suss out the character of the individual. The Royal Marines worked out a long time ago that the handwriting on Armed Forces application forms was usually that of a 30-40 year-old female.

The female is usually the Mother of a son wishing to join the service.
That first sentance made me laugh quite hard and my stomach still hurts from my PJFT yesterday so I just cramped up on my keyboard.

I hope you're happy =(

Ash.