Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.
  1. john smith

john smith New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am 15 and am thinking about becoming a RM officer but not sure if its for me or if I could pass poc. I can do 25 quality press ups, 75 sit ups and 2.4km on a treadmill in 9:30. Any fitness suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Grimey Arches

Grimey Arches Well-Known Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    Use the search function, Arny has a great plan which has a proven track record to work.

3. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Admin

Welcome to the site.

Phys-wise, you've a minimum of three years to prepare, so keep doing what you are already doing without going nuts and picking-up injuries. Rest-up if you do get training niggles. The emphasis, as you seem to be aware, is cv fitness and bodyweight exercises. Don't run in boots or with weight. Make sure to do non-impact cv exercise inbetween your run-days. Swimming, rowing & cycling, in particular. Take rest days every week.

To determine whether you want to join as an Other Rank or Officer, have a browse of the site as suggested above. This is a good starter: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads...-answers-would-be-greatly-appreciated.112245/

Good luck!

• Like Like x 3
  4. john smith

john smith New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    thanks everyone!

• Like Like x 1