Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Improve Stamina / Running

Discussion in 'Training Methods and Diet Suggestions' started by Titch123, Apr 2, 2019.

1. Titch123

Titch123 New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Hello, My weakness *text deleted* Is my stamina, I wanted to know what would be the best way to improve it.

I can run a mile and a half in 9.05 Mins Yet If i run for any longer i feel like i'm dying. I need to train towards running long distances and for the beep test,

I've been running for 10 minutes every 2 days (its around 1.8 Miles in distance) But i want to know if there is other methods to improve my stamina for better

I've red alot on the internet and people have said anything from running short and fast everyday to running 3 miles everyday , but witch weekly plan would be best to improve my ability to run longer and faster haha.

Hope that all makes sense

Thanks in advance.

2. ex killick

ex killick Ex-Matelot

Run more.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Kalashnikov30

Kalashnikov30 Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    If you can run 1.5 mile in 9 minutes just from running 10 minutes every other day then you either have god-tier genetics or perhaps you’re telling a porky.

Anyway the answer is, as above, just run more often and run further. Build up miles slowly and don’t try and run every run at top speed. If you’re hitting 9 min 1.5 mile then maybe go for 4/5/6 miles at around 7:30 ish min/mile pace and try and get faster each week.

4. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

There are others better qualified than I to give you a steer on plans. My suggestion, for what it's worth is whatever your plan mix up your training. Don't just focus on endurance; add some leg shredding hill sprints.