In an ideal world how much would you increase the amount of pay

Geryon

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
In an ideal world how much would you increase the amount of pay the royal marines receive? Remember it doesn't have to take into consideration the budget :)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i think a reasonable wage to start on straight out of training would be 25,000

and then double pay when on operation.

v3locity

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
i think a reasonable wage to start on straight out of training would be 25,000

and then double pay when on operation.

My thoughts exactly, a fair pay without being excessive. Not that we do it for the pay!

spartan

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
does anyone think they will increase pay ?

christomo

Reaction score
does anyone think they will increase pay ?

not unless theres a big inflation in the country and people cant afford to live, militery pay has never really been brilliant, but its the lifestyle we sign up for :cool:

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
the pay should be alot better, even though its not realy about the money for me its about the adventure and friends you will meet and the challenges you will take and just to say your a royal marine commando would be great.
However this is still the frontline and one of the most dangerous jobs in the world and i do hope the pay goes up:rock:

C

critchmufc

arnt they meant to be cutting the navy's budget, this is what i got told anyway...so if they are, pay will go down wont it?

jm745

Loafing Member
Reaction score
arnt they meant to be cutting the navy's budget, this is what i got told anyway...so if they are, pay will go down wont it?

I think they're cutting everything's budget,
don't know what's getting better.

R. M. Pitt

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think they would cut armed forces pay I think it would only affect the equipment they get still not very good though

Matt B

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Be a royal for free!

I think the pay is already spot on, I wouldn't ask for any more.

I think you should be proud and very grateful to be a royal marine, being paid for it is an even extra added bonus.

They pay you enough to have a comfortable life and there is so so so much you get massively subsidised or free.

If you were a multi millionaire would you still expect them to pay you? I should hope not *text deleted* you already have everything you need, so surely as long as they provide you with all you need, it doesn't matter how much they pay you.

Surely you want the job for a million more reaons than pay? If you're so worried that ticket wardens get paid more than you, be a *text deleted**text deleted** ticket warden.

You should be honoured to be a royal, and grateful that they pay you.

elliott16

Reaction score
personally, i would rather money go on better equipment, than on a pay raise. but then again who wouldnt want a wee bit of extra cash..

gedro

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Starting wage on completion of basic training should be atleast 22k I think. The current wage is *text deleted* insulting.

Chris

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

No reducing the wages for serving men and women is not affected by budget although budget could lead to entire units being disbanded etc

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
The Government plans departmental spending through the process of the spending reviews. As part of most recent settlement, the Defence Budget is set to increase from a baseline of £32.6Bn in 2007/08 to £36.9Bn in 2010/11 in Total Departmental Expenditure Limit (Total DEL). In real terms (i.e. after inflation) it represents average annual growth of 1.5%. By 2010/11 the Budget will be some 11% higher in real terms than in 1997, and represents the longest period of sustained growth since the 1980s.

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/AboutDefence/Organisation/KeyFactsAboutDefence/DefenceSpending.htm

I still find it amusing we have billions to spend in aid of corrupt countries, yet cant buy new vehicles for the forces.. amusing world we live in.

HHHNNN

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i would rather have more pay and less up to date equipment to be honest