in training... how many times a day

Gareth

Reaction score
nah mate, i think you only do allocated PT gym sessions for the first 9weeks then you'll have gym pass out. The rest is just speed marching and yomping. I could be wrong though.

marcus2007

Reaction score
It's 26/34 (Cant remember which one) Hours of PT in the first 9 weeks, then its Gym pass out. Get ready for the yomping then :*text deleted*:

Gareth

Reaction score
can't wait for the yomping, it's what being a commando is all about :D

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
usually you are scheduled a 50 minute pt session each day (week days when not in the field), once a week you'll do a double session back to back. This doesn't include swimming as you'll have 3-4 of these a week in the first few weeks and then they'll drop off. PT after the first 9 weeks is done on the bottom field and exactly the same regime as the gym i.e usually the same pti who took you in the gym, no scratching always double marking time when not doing an exercise. This takes you up to bottom field pass out. After that your on to the commando test section.

Your day is broken down into 50 minute sessions usually, with 5 minutes to get back then showered plus changed and 5 minutes to get to your next session if I remember right.

Any extra PT is usually a punishment for something and you will certainly get these most days.

alan wilson

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
thats cool....not that it bothered me just wanted to know.

yomping....*text deleted*...seperates the men from the boys..

me...i love it....but *text deleted*..its hard work some times

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Nods

The funny thing about the PT sessions is that later in the classrooms during lectures after PT, some of the recruits start nodding off. If you're caught doing this repetetively you might get told to go and jump in the WATER TANK on the bottom field. :shock: I think the nodding off is the reason Bootneck recruits get referred to as NODS!

Cheers

Steve :D

robigunner88

Reaction score
My dad was telling me that when he use to be in recruit training for Para reg, their weapon training sessions in the classrooms, were taking by a Cpl who was quite boring. Recruits use to nod off and so the cpl would chuck dud grenades at them, hoping to hit them on the head.
He assured me no one use to fall asleep in that session after that occured a few times

ste preece

Former RM
Reaction score
Re: Nods

ste preece said:
The funny thing about the PT sessions is that later in the classrooms during lectures after PT, some of the recruits start nodding off. If you're caught doing this repetetively you might get told to go and jump in the WATER TANK on the bottom field. :shock: I think the nodding off is the reason Bootneck recruits get referred to as NODS!

Cheers

Steve :D
Now that is funny Robbiegunner. However, the problem with diving in the tank is that you then have to sit the rest of the session in soaking wet clothes which you then need to add to your list for that day to wash and iron. It all adds up. I remember sometimes washing and ironing my kit up until 2a.m. in the morning. Also: The Tank gets pretty cold during the winter months bbbrrrrr. :?

One time, after our troop had had a kit inspection. It was lashing down with rain outside and we were told to throw all our kit out of the window and into the mud. We were also told to get in the tank.

Hence the washing and ironing list that day. :shock: :shock: :D

Regards

Steve

robigunner88

Reaction score
That must have been a right bitch but then I suppose that you learn not to make those mistakes again.

GreyWing

Nobody
Reaction score
We were told in no uncertain terms what recruits did in the tank and what they left in there. Sometimes recruits don't always make it back to the toilets.

So best not spend too much time in the tank eh guys! :*text deleted*: :*text deleted*: