Induction Weekend

Discussion in 'RMR Section and RMR Selection' started by Commando24., Sep 29, 2016.

1. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi guys,

So will start RT for the reserves this week and first weekend will start this Friday. I was told that we bring out own beddings? What should I bring for that, just a pillow and blanket.

Thanks guys

2. Billyboy114

Billyboy114 New Member

I don't get why your asking on here and not your training team or oppo's.

Anyhow, if you're in the field it will be pussers sleeping bag and roll matt, if on camp bring what you like (best bet is civi sleeping bag and roll matt if you don't know what's going on).

If you end up doing a speed march on the Sunday (which will soon become the norm on RMR training weekends), as it's your first one you will probably do it in boots and rifle (no webbing). Down a good half litre of water when you wake up Sunday morning to keep you hydrated. Don't wrap on this as if you do you probably wont last, give it everything. Small dit- on my first speed march the PTI said at the end 'look around you now, the people you see here are the ones that will be there in phase 2', he wasn't wrong! All those that wrapped on that first speed march never made it far

• Like Like x 2
  3. Commando24.

Commando24. Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks mate for this information! It is so helpful. Yesterday it was a rush and had to literally run down to unit and fill in all the paper work, so was just told bringing in bedding. I will make sure to buy a sleeping bag today! Thanks again

4. Billyboy114

Billyboy114 New Member

So... how was it?