Induction

Prosser96

Reaction score
Induction robbie 21 currently Scottish boxing champion and 2x former, 24 fights 20 wins 9KO 4 loss, got my PRMC on the 23 jan! If anyone has any information about boxing in the marines I would love to hear, live in Stirling

Last edited:

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
You’ve already done it by posting this mate, can comment and start your own threads now.

Prosser96

Reaction score
I’ve just realised that was my induction mate,new member just getting used to the controls of it all, thanks very much tho appreciate it

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Good effort on the boxing achievements and a warm welcome.

Best of luck on PRMC, too!

We get a fair few boxers and top-end athletes from many disciplines. The RN/RM Boxing Team will, I'm sure, welcome you with open arms once you complete recruit training, they cater for all standards up to olympians.

The thing to remember first and foremost is whilst the sporting abilities are recognised and every opportunity will be made to help further your boxing achievements, the job that pays the wage is the one with the badge on the shoulder with the words "Royal Marines Commando" and that will always take precedence.

The reason I mention this is the Army, a much bigger organisation, has athletes on their books who are basically full time athletes, soldiers second. They can better afford it.

One of the things that didn't do the service athletes any favours was this article in the news a little while ago about the Army Biathlon team member who declared that if they had to return to doing their Army job, they would leave: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/winter-olympics/25661219 Bless ;)

Anyway, best of luck in your new career and best of luck with the boxing.

Prosser96

Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for that, thought you couldn’t do Olympic because your in armed forces, but I was wrong, that’s big help

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Wow! Thanks for that, thought you couldn’t do Olympic because your in armed forces, but I was wrong, that’s big help
Nice one.

The biathlon team I mentioned above, serving in the Army, were never medal winners, so far as I know but were effectively employed as professional athletes for 12 years or more, not employed in their Army role.

As long as you don't expect that to happen in the Royal Marines and accept you will be expected to do your day job, you'll be fine.

Prosser96

Reaction score
Yeah definitely won’t be doing that, Marines will be first priority over everything, you always stick to what you know, Just good to realise there is opportunity in Royal Marines to keep that boxing hobby, not to be insulting but the army isn’t much interesting, royals Marines you look at them and there like god to us civilians, it’s like a big family think that’s why Royal Marines are so close to the job then the army, Royal Marines are valued so much not to say the army ain’t tho