Info about sfa

Ryan Pearl

Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site *text deleted* made my application for the marines I have 3 kids and I'm engaged would I qualify for the sfa once i'v/if passed everything and also how come you need mathes.

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hi I'm new to this site *text deleted* made my application for the marines I have 3 kids and I'm engaged would I qualify for the sfa once i'v/if passed everything and also how come you need mathes.

Hey mate. I am going to try and decipher that...
What’s SFA?

Once you are married you can apply for Married Quarters.
And you just need a basic grasp of maths and to pass the recruit test. Don’t worry about it, it’s not rocket science and we aren’t all math legends in the corps.

One of the moderators should be along to change your username too in the interest of PERSEC (personal security).

Get amongst the site and get all the information and advice you need.

Ryan Pearl

Reaction score
Ok no worries thank you ill see about changing my name b4 hand and I'm completely useless whem it comes to mathes especially area and algibra

ThreadpigeonsAlpha

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Ok no worries thank you ill see about changing my name b4 hand and I'm completely useless whem it comes to mathes especially area and algibra

As long as its basic maths you will be ok. Some SQs might require a bit more effort with maths but as a whole you will be fine.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
SFA eligibility criteria: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/defence...ly-accommodation#entitlement-for-sfa-and-ssfa

To qualify for SFA, you must first complete recruit training.

There is a government requirement for service personnel to meet minimum numeracy & literacy standards as an essential element of basic life skills.

Royal Marines also need a basic level of mechanical comprehension in order to ensure they successfully complete the weapons handling and map reading skills required to do the job.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
I will look thru them all when I can thank you again @Ninja_Stoker and whats careers office you based at
It varies. Portsmouth, Southampton, Guildford & Brighton mainly at the moment but in the last year I've worked fleetingly out of Liverpool, Hull, Oxford, Reading, London & Wrexham also, sometimes just for a day here or there, some for weeks or months.