Injured before vpjft

EddMate

Reaction score
Alright lads/lasses, saw a similar thread from 10 years ago and with a similar situation thought I'd make a new one as I'm stumped on what to do.

I've been training quite hard on the running for a while now but recently picked up a calf strain, knocked me right on my arse cardio wise but spent alot of time out on my bike. Problem I have is this happened after my medical and before my VPJFT, I haven't requested a date for it yet as I'm resting off burpees and running but don't want to come accrossto the afco like I'm half arsing the training, what's the best course of action? Should I keep resting and just wait till it's healed to apply for a date or inform them I'll be waiting upfront, if so what are the repercussions medically, it's not a career ending Injury but still.

Thanks all

Chelonian

Reaction score
Problem I have is this happened after my medical and before my VPJFT, I haven't requested a date for it yet as I'm resting off burpees and running but don't want to come accrossto the afco like I'm half arsing the training, what's the best course of action?
Speak to your Careers Adviser. People get injured. It's more likely that your CA will be face-palming if you fail a VPJFT because you did it with a pre-existing injury.

Your CA will advise you. Don't worry about anyone perceiving this as a lack of commitment. That germ of suspicion will only arise after several similar postponements.

EddMate

Reaction score
Speak to your Careers Adviser. People get injured. It's more likely that your CA will be face-palming if you fail a VPJFT because you did it with a pre-existing injury.

Your CA will advise you. Don't worry about anyone perceiving this as a lack of commitment. That germ of suspicion will only arise after several similar postponements.
Cheers for the advice I'll give them a call this afternoon

sharpe

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score

100% follow this, my son tread a line with calf muscle issues all through football. Rush it and overdo it and you’ll be screwed for weeks/months. Yes it’s seeming like a minor issue but please don’t underestimate it

New Threads