Injured Shoulder

"G"-1985

Reaction score
Hi Gents,

Injured shoulder at Football training last night had hospital this morning turns out I've broken my promixal humerus ( shoulder ball/joint )so annoyed going to take time to heal, just as I was getting into a routine of training regular. Still be able to majority of things no press-ups or pull-ups things I was needing to improve on plus running with a sling is not going to be the best haha !!

"G"-1985

Reaction score
Good shout mate cheers for that hadn't thought of that. Perfect, keep me ticking over short term.

"G"-1985

Reaction score
Just smashed out zero one armed pull ups hahaha !! Good banter mate.

richie86

Reaction score
doubts

just wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation. basically *text deleted* suffered shoulder problems for a while. some people say its conditioning and all that but i know my body and i know the pain im gettings not right. its to do with rotator cuff impingement or something like that and i really dont know what to do about it. *text deleted* tried resting it(as much as i can given my physical nature of my job) but only ever really stopped upper body for a couple or 3 weeks by which time they feel almost 100% better and im buzzing and start some strength training again then im getting quite severe pain again. not sure wether to call it a day and accept there never going to be right or to rest upper body for a serious amount of time i.e months and risk stalling on the naxt stages of my application. i seriously dont want to give up on this and being 26 i also dont want to hang about for too long!
really appreciate anyone who has taken the time to read this and any advice positive or otherwise would be greatly appreciated
cheers rich

Baron

Reaction score
Hey man, there's plenty you can try to get it sorted. Firstly, you been to the docs? MRI? If not, get down!

Secondly, there are several exercises you can do to strengthen the rear delts, traps and rhamboids, which will all go someway to making the shoulder operate efficiently and correctly.

Shrugs, Face-Pulls, Dumbbell/Barbell/Cable Rows, resistance band work that works your rear delts (imagine putting your arms out in the air in front of you, parallel to the ground. Put a resistance band into both of your hands, and try and tear it apart, bringing your rear-deltoids into it. Flexibility is another huge thing, so make sure your shoulders are nice and flexible. Also, make sure your posture is good! Are your shoulders rolling forward? If so, consciously make sure your chest is out, shoulders back. Squeeze your shoulder blades together whilst sticking your chest out, and hold it for several seconds.

Apologies for the terrible grammar etc, but I'm in a rush.

Rich

richie86

Reaction score
the shoulders rolling forward is exactly the problem i have and im now making a real effort to keep them back and my chest out. some great advice there thanks very much. im thinking og getting into a bit of yoga to help with the flexibility side of things which will hopefully help too. i went to the docs about it ages ago and did a little bit of physio but typically as the pain eased i gave up on the excercises i was told to do but i can remember them so *text deleted* started to do them again now
thanks again advice is always greatly appreciated!!