Injured thigh or something more serious?

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Joshusky, Jul 2, 2018.

1. Joshusky

Joshusky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Yesterday I went for a run on the roads, everything was fine and I didn't feel any pain. When I got back home I sat down for a while and my right thigh started to feel tingly and numb but I thought nothing of it as I thought it may just be a little natural muscle spasm. I went to sleep last night and I woke up and throughout the day I have felt nothing but a really tight muscle pain, almost like the muscle pain you feel a couple of days after a workout but

1) I have never felt this pain in my thighs, only my lower legs
    2) It is only in my right upper thigh
    3) My delayed onset muscle soreness only happens at least two days after any workout
    4) The tingling and the numbness has happened right where the soreness is which makes me think that it may be linked to something other than muscle soreness and it worrying me a bit in case it is something more serious.

I know most people here won't be qualified doctors but I am just wondering if anyone has had something similar happen to them so I know not to waste any time visiting the doctors over something that may be completely normal.

I know that if I am not confident in something being right I should probably go and see a doctor but right now I don't have time to fit that kinda thing into my schedule unless it is super urgent.

Thanks for any input

2. stringer98

stringer98 Member

App Stage:
    Joining other service
    i cant tell you what it could be as i just wouldn't know, but ice it, foam roll and try rest it for a few days

3. Joshusky

Joshusky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Will ice it now, I know it is very vague information to go off but that is literally all I could mention as it came on so rapidly and so randomly. Thank you though :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Old Man

Old Man Ex-Matelot

Tingly and numb is usually an indication of an injury to a nerve or nerves. It's possible that your back may be the actual problem, something like a prolapsed disc putting pressure on a nerve.

Don't take that as a diagnosis, it's merely one possibility for your symptoms and I'm not a doctor, one of which you should actually go and see.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Joshusky

Joshusky New Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Okay that sounds quite scary and serious, I'll book into the doctors as soon as possible.