Injury before PRMC

Reaction score
Right, I’ve had an ongoing injury to my bicep/tendon for around about a month now. During that time I have attended an RMAD where I was then set a date for PRMC which is in under two weeks. I’ve been managing to balance resting it and training up to now. After my RMAD I went to see my physio and he said I had overtrained my bicep. Because of trying to up my scores for the RMAD in a short amount of time and also poor form on the rower. He said rest it for the week then continue having made changes to my training.

After a week I returned to training and the pain came back, this is due to me working 6 days a week in a job which involves a lot of lifting. I am unable to take time off work due to my financial situation which is also putting pressure on me to get my prmc passed as soon as possible.

I am still confident in my ability, although I haven’t been able to train as much, all my scores haven’t dropped or have even improved since my RMAD except from my pull ups.

My worry is my score being effected or my arm deteriorating on the second day and it turning into a real injury. No matter how much pain my arm is in I’m sure I won’t give up although I don’t know if the training team sees me struggling with certain exercises because of my arm, they will pull me of the course?

I want to do as well as possible and I am quite frustrated I won’t be going down as well prepared as I wanted to be, however should I just accept my score will be lower and just focus on getting through it and then resting it when I have more time afterwards? Sorry for the long read, any advice will be appreciated.

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
My advice is don't go unless you are 100% fit. If you turn up at CTC carrying an injury you will not last the course and fail, especially one in your bicep, which will affect your pull ups, press ups and any of the BF and EC exercises which involve lifting, dragging, punching through the net, etc etc.

Far better to contact your AFCO and let them know the score and ask to be deferred until you are fully fit.

Good luck

Alan

Reaction score
My advice is don't go unless you are 100% fit. If you turn up at CTC carrying an injury you will not last the course and fail, especially one in your bicep, which will affect your pull ups, press ups and any of the BF and EC exercises which involve lifting, dragging, punching through the net, etc etc.

Far better to contact your AFCO and let them know the score and ask to be deferred until you are fully fit.

Good luck

Alan

See it hasn’t stopped me from doing press ups and so on I’m still getting maximums, it’s a matter of not wanting to do to much training incase I make it worse, the pull ups are the one that I think will ruin my arm so I’ve avoided them. Do you think if I give it until Tuesday to see how it is? I’ll then be giving them a weeks notice? Suppose the fact is I’ll be using my bicep a lot so it will get worse in the 4 days. I’m just on the fence of wether I’d be able to get through it. I know I’d be wasting there time going down and getting injured it’s just abit of a problem if I have to wait given my situation. Thanks for the advice

Caversham

RM Commando, Crossed The Bar 13/12/2020
Reaction score
Whatever you decide, it will be your call.

@Ninja_Stoker can advise you better on the timing of pulling out, but I'm fairly sure that guys have pulled the plug because of injury a day or so before their PRMC.

At the risk of repeating myself, don't go unless you're 100% fit. It's far better to pull out before, than get pulled off because of injury down there and thereby using up one of your "lives".

Alan

Reaction score
Whatever you decide, it will be your call.

@Ninja_Stoker can advise you better on the timing of pulling out, but I'm fairly sure that guys have pulled the plug because of injury a day or so before their PRMC.

At the risk of repeating myself, don't go unless you're 100% fit. It's far better to pull out before, than get pulled off because of injury down there and thereby using up one of your "lives".

Alan
Right, yes I understand if I go on with it, I’ll make sure I’m 100% although I’d like to give It until Tuesday in hope I can work something out, thanks.

RMDO

RM Digital Outreach CTC
Reaction score
I would say its down to yourself and how you feel but I wouldn't risk going on PRMC with a 'niggle' when you could wait a month and recover properly.

Many lads get injured in RT and spend months in hunter. To that end I wouldn't push a 'niggle' for it to become a injury for the sake of a few more weeks waiting for another PRMC.

The time between passing a PRMC and RT I believe is around 6-8 weeks, So if you did want to push on and you pass PRMC that's the sort of time scale your looking at to get fixed before RT.

If it was me I would wait until I was fully fit and not risk a bigger injury that could turn in to a 6 month recovery.

Reaction score
I would say its down to yourself and how you feel but I wouldn't risk going on PRMC with a 'niggle' when you could wait a month and recover properly.

Many lads get injured in RT and spend months in hunter. To that end I wouldn't push a 'niggle' for it to become a injury for the sake of a few more weeks waiting for another PRMC.

The time between passing a PRMC and RT I believe is around 6-8 weeks, So if you did want to push on and you pass PRMC that's the sort of time scale your looking at to get fixed before RT.

If it was me I would wait until I was fully fit and not risk a bigger injury that could turn in to a 6 month recovery.

Ye I get what you’re saying, thanks!

average123

Reaction score
Or you could try and get a new job? Why not look into a desk job while you get fixed up?