injury in RT?

chris1988

Reaction score
i think this 1 is for ninja really, if i make it to RT and i get an injury a serious 1 and im MD'd? would there be any chance of me rejoining the marines or is that it game over?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
It depends what the reason for Medical Discharge was. Normally they will try to rehabilitate your injury in Hunter Troop, however if the long-term prognosis indicates there will be a significant period before the known significance of the injury and how it will affect your continued suitability for service, you may be medically discharged.

Some conditions are a permanent bar to re-entry, others may need a surgical procedure to be carried out before becoming re-eligible, some also need a set period of recovery to elapse, some just need to be certified cured.

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
how long can you spend in Hunter Troop? I've have heard of people breaking legs during training and spending a couple of years in there.

Callum

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
A couple of years? Holy smokes...

However determined you are to get through the injury, no?

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
You remain in Hunter Troop until you reach the level of fitness through rehabilitation with the physiotherapists so that you can continue with Recruit Training.

There aren't many jobs that will effectively pay you full wages if you are unfit to work during your first 8 months. The Royal Marines do look after you extremely well.

If you cannot be effectively rehabilitated, you may be subject to a board to determine your future potential employability within the Corps if there is a realistic prospect of you recovering fully and completing training. You will hear many anecdotal tales of people that have been in Hunter Troop for months & others who have been medically discharged in very short order - the issue is the realistic prospect of the recruit completing training.

New Threads