Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Injury Prevention - ITBS

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by AdmiralAwesome, Feb 22, 2014.

1. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

Did my first 3 miler with 1.5 return managed a 9.48 return run there wasnt strenous so not marine standard but for my first when i have been off for 10 months it feels kinda good

• Like Like x 1
  2. BoxSwallow

BoxSwallow Active Member

Well done! Glad to see that you finally seem to have beaten it for the most part :) You'll be at RT before you know it ;) Any tips on what you found to work the best for you and what you've done over the 10 months?

3. Wings

Wings Parachute Regiment

What I found best was foam rolling the top part of the hip inbetween my hip and glutes only a small area. I tried foam rolling all the leg rest basic static stretches none which did any good and did few weeks gym pure leg exercise which did help

• Like Like x 1
  4. Dwillz

Dwillz New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    I had this for 6 months and it's gone completely! Sounds so simple but I promised you. 2 anti inflammatory tablets a day. Once after breakfast and then your main meal

5. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am still really struggling with this, I may need orthotics but I was careful not to get them on records

6. tom7

tom7 Member

I have also suffered, kinesio tape works a treat

7. "Crikey mate"

"Crikey mate" Member

Anti-inflammatorys are just masking the inflamation bro, its becoming inflamed for a reason!

Most likely the reason you are all having this issue is weak/inactive Glutes and your TFL is kicking in to take over the job of knee stabalisation, which in turn is tightening the ITB.

Work on releasing the TFL and then activating/strengthening glutes (your bum muscles)

8. hoggdogg

hoggdogg New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    TFL stretch that you can really feel

• Like Like x 1
  9. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    Thankyou for our help, I tried working in stretches but I found the pain returned a few miles into the run, I collected my orthotics today, I am a bit anxious :(

10. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am debating whether to foam roll for this, it seems to aid symptoms but is of no real biomechanical solution :(

11. A350-800

A350-800 Member

App Stage:
    Not Applied Yet
    I am debating whether to foam roll for this, it seems to aid symptoms but is of no real biomechanical solution :(