Injury Prevention - ITBS

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Did my first 3 miler with 1.5 return managed a 9.48 return run there wasnt strenous so not marine standard but for my first when i have been off for 10 months it feels kinda good

BoxSwallow

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Well done! Glad to see that you finally seem to have beaten it for the most part :) You'll be at RT before you know it ;) Any tips on what you found to work the best for you and what you've done over the 10 months?

Wings

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
What I found best was foam rolling the top part of the hip inbetween my hip and glutes only a small area. I tried foam rolling all the leg rest basic static stretches none which did any good and did few weeks gym pure leg exercise which did help

Dwillz

Reaction score
I had this for 6 months and it's gone completely! Sounds so simple but I promised you. 2 anti inflammatory tablets a day. Once after breakfast and then your main meal

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am still really struggling with this, I may need orthotics but I was careful not to get them on records

tom7

Reaction score
I have also suffered, kinesio tape works a treat

"Crikey mate"

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I had this for 6 months and it's gone completely! Sounds so simple but I promised you. 2 anti inflammatory tablets a day. Once after breakfast and then your main meal
Anti-inflammatorys are just masking the inflamation bro, its becoming inflamed for a reason!

Most likely the reason you are all having this issue is weak/inactive Glutes and your TFL is kicking in to take over the job of knee stabalisation, which in turn is tightening the ITB.

Work on releasing the TFL and then activating/strengthening glutes (your bum muscles)

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thankyou for our help, I tried working in stretches but I found the pain returned a few miles into the run, I collected my orthotics today, I am a bit anxious :(

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am debating whether to foam roll for this, it seems to aid symptoms but is of no real biomechanical solution :(

A350-800

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I am debating whether to foam roll for this, it seems to aid symptoms but is of no real biomechanical solution :(