Sponsored Ad

Dismiss Notice
'Users of this forum are reminded they should not discuss performance of individual attendees at PRMC or in Recruit Training for PERsonal SECurity and in observance of Diversity & Inclusion legislation'.

Insoles

Discussion in 'Common Training Injuries' started by Ghost123, Apr 21, 2019.

1. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Hi All

Hoping you can give some advice. I've never been prescribed any insoles or seen anyone for insoles. I've obviously been doing a
    ALOT of running lately. I personally ordered some insoles online and they feel amazing! Would it be ok if I ordered another pair online, took them to my PRMC and put them in the boots we get down there for day two? I'm assuming they are pretty worn out boots etc. If not allowed I'll obviously go without.

Thanks for the info.

2. The guide

The guide Ex RAF, Ex Royal Marines, now RN.! go figure

While not specifically against any rule it would be frowned upon and you would be told to remove them , I would not take them as when you go into training you wont be allowed them initially either .!! , unless issued by Med (via the podiastrist) , so for the sake of essentially one day , dont take them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Chelonian

Chelonian Moderator

Boots. Just to add to the sound advice above. It doesn't matter how worn out the boots are. What matters is that they fit you.

1. Know your current boot size. Get measured beforehand. Don't assume your boot size is what it was a year ago, especially if you're a young 'un.

2. Select boots that fit you at PRMC. Check the size printed/stamped onto the boot.

Best of luck.

4. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Noted. Appreciate the advice.

5. Ghost123

Ghost123 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed PRMC
    Thanks Chelonian. I will definitly make sure I get a pair that fits well.

My main worry was doing an incredibly difficult and long day of running jumping etc in boots that may be very hard on the bottom and worn out etc. And I had read about recruits using insoles. Hence the question on bringing our own store bought insoles.

The last time I put on boots was about 8 years ago in the cadet detachment at school, dont remember at all what they feel like.

Again thanks for the reply.

• Like Like x 1