Insoles

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I just got myself a pair of boots for getting used to yomping around places, but I don't have any insoles yet to reduce the chance of getting shin-splints.

Can anyone recommend some affordable insoles?

Thanks in advance.

SJ55

Reaction score
Hey Mackie,

Although possibly not so affordable i had a consultation with a Podiatrist at my local running shop last weekend. He drew all over my legs, looked how i walked, ran, stood, tested my joints and muscles and in the end made up a set of insoles that were moulded round my feet and specifically designed to counter act any movement in my legs that aint meant to happen when running. The consultation and insoles together cost £125 which mite be pricey for some, but for me being told by a professional that i am fit for running and have done everything i can to prevent injury, it was worth the money! Prices may vary around the country with different proffesionals but again i think its worth it, especially for people like ourselves that will end up in boots.

Otherwise check out http://www.runnersrescue.com
They have some links to insoles and other stuff.
Hope this helps!
Cheers, Steve

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hmmm ok but you have another medical examination when you get to RT dont you!? When i spoke to the doc in my medical examination and mentioned maybe getting custom orthotics if i get to RT (as id read about them on here) he stated clearly if youve had them custom made it would be a medical failure as it indicates theres a problem but if theyre straight off a shelf just with arch support etc thats fine.
Bare that in mind!

SJ55

Reaction score
thats a bit worrying. I didn't have mine made because of a medical problem, just because i wanted to do everything i could to prevent injury.
but if thats the rule, thats the rule! looks like they could be staying at home then when i come to RT!
cheers Lshort!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
Hiya Mackie .... Did you ever get sorted with insoles then ???

Globe-Trotter

PRMC Passed
Reaction score
I got mine from Boots the chemist for about £23 and i havent had a problem since.

amb03

Reaction score
Mackie,

I bought some cracking insoles last week, went to Ellis Brigham in Manchester, £38 and they heat them up and mould them for your feet so they are a perfect fit, been superb so far. Think they are called profeet or something?

Was just wondering if you were planning on taking them down to PRMC or not? Thats kind of the reason i got mine now rather than before RT?

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
When you first get your boots do you not get a insole in them ? i did its green and the corproal said we aint *text deleted* get anything moren hard wearing than these ones so i think ill just leave it they have moulded so my feet alredi with a hot bath

Mackie

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure amb03, I might but if it's not needed I won't.