"Internet Interview"

Circuits21

Reaction score
Firstly, passed my PJFT yesterday!

Next up I have my 'careers discussion' on 10th Jan, I was rather surprised to find out that it will be an internet interview via Skype or Facetime. The email read....

"This will be a formal interview to gauge your suitability to attend the Admiralty Interview Board. You will be assessed on your communications skills, motivation to join the Naval Service, courage and values and you should be prepared to discuss these aspects in detail. It would be helpful if you were able to give examples of previous leadership and team activities and you will be required to have a broad knowledge of defence, the Naval Service and current affairs which impact on defence activity. "

Please correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds to me like this is the alternate SIFT interview? Considering they are judging my suitability for AIB, I am a bit surprised that it is going to be via Facetime... Has any one else experienced this?

Also, has anybody recently had the interview and got stuck by anything? New/unusual questions maybe?

Any response always greatly appreciated!

JF1310

Reaction score
Well done on the PJFT pass mate! What were your times? I've my PJFT on the 16th of January, looking forward to getting that passed then a POC date sorted!

As for the 'Internet Interview' it definitely sounds like your SIFT (careers discussion), very strange that its over Skype/FaceTime however.

I passed mine recently and some advice I would provide would be this, my whole interview lasted slightly over an hour, lots of questions about motivation for joining, describing times when you were leading (outcomes, good or bad), family, RM knowledge, RN knowledge, quite a number of questions regarding situations you'd be in as a RM officer and what you would do (RM knowledge here is key) as well as some current affairs topics. The Lt conducting the interview mentioned that I was very well versed and gave logical and confident answers but also went into depth, he mentioned that this was excellent because he didn't have to probe for more information and make his job harder (as well as the boards job harder when it comes to AIB). So be confident, relaxed and just enjoy it. Good luck!

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The career discussion is indeed the Sift interview by another name and slightly different content.

Must admit it's the first time I've heard of one being undertaken by Skype/Face Time but I guess it's entirely feasible. As a matter of interest are you resident overseas or living in a remote region of the British Isles?

Possibly the Area Careers Liaison Officer (ACLO) billet in your region is gapped and being covered from an ACLO in another region.

Circuits21

Reaction score
The career discussion is indeed the Sift interview by another name and slightly different content.

Must admit it's the first time I've heard of one being undertaken by Skype/Face Time but I guess it's entirely feasible. As a matter of interest are you resident overseas or living in a remote region of the British Isles?

Possibly the Area Careers Liaison Officer (ACLO) billet in your region is gapped and being covered from an ACLO in another region.

Hi Ninja,

Apologies for the late response. I am with the Bristol AFCO and only a 2 junctions away down the M5 so travel and location is not really an issue. I have noticed that my ACLO is in Plymouth so it is most likely cover.

Will keep you updated!

New Threads