interval training

foss

Reaction score
ryt ppl ive got 2 and a half weeks till RT and im thinking about giving interval and fartlek training a go but do you think this would improve my fitnes any and ive got a idea on how to do them but not quite sure so any advice would be good *text deleted*

foss

Reaction score
cheers for the reply *text deleted* much appreciated - hpow long rest do you think i should have b4 goin down ctc

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
Before RT? I would think a lot of Rest

You got like 2 and a half weeks left?

I would say train for a maxium of a week / week and a half , with rest days in between.

Good Luck with training and of course RT

but don't over do it :wink:

all the best mate

foss

Reaction score
cheers *text deleted* how far along the application process are you?

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
Not That Far Mate ...

Just generally training and preparing myself for my PRMC :biggrin:

What trainin have you been doin to prepare for RT? apart from Interval and fartlek

foss

Reaction score
well ive been doin the evil russian press ups programme thats quite good circuit training on a nite and running in the morning around 3-6 miles how have u been training

Nutty_Edwards

Reaction score
My training is goin pretty good cheers, doing that 100 press up programm, Swimming like 2 twice a week and running like 3-6 miles, same as you plus just following that PRMC fitness booklet that my local AFCO gave me. :biggrin:

Good luck with RT anyway

Reaction score
i would throw in a few circuits to make sure my pull ups, press ups, and sit ups are up to scratch

foss

Reaction score
ii sounds good *text deleted* just keep it up and you will ahve passed prmc in no time *text deleted*

Touchstone

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
I would have thought that someone who had passed the PRMC would already have done some interval or fartlek training...

Stocksey

Reaction score
Just wondering if I should be going out and doing fartlek/interval running at the start of training or should i wait till i have a better base of fitness by doing steady runs?

foss

Reaction score
i dno *text deleted* but in the royal marines handbook it said u should start introducing it afta 4 weeks of training when you have a betta base level of fitness

Stocksey

Reaction score
Not to hijack the thread or anything but i'm going to Lympstone on the 27th july for 5 days so i might meet a few of 972 troop. Anyway, thanks for the advive I'm, *text deleted* leave fartlek for a bit.

foss

Reaction score
haha gdgd *text deleted* il be ther *text deleted*