Interview Advice

SarriesFan

Reaction score
So I just passed my recruitment test yesterday and have now booked my interview for next month. I've only ever had one interview so I'm quite clueless on what sort of things to say and how to say it. Any advice would be appreciated.

pedders19

Reaction score
I've not done the RM interview yet (so cant comment on that) but I've been looking for a job since July, so I've had my fair share of interviews.

At some point, everyone has to have their first interview, and even the 100th can be nerve-racking. Just take it as a school test, chill out, learn your stuff and take it easy. They're there to assess you, not break you down.

Worst case, they'll give you the advice you need for next time.

Good luck

SarriesFan

Reaction score
I've not done the RM interview yet (so cant comment on that) but I've been looking for a job since July, so I've had my fair share of interviews.

At some point, everyone has to have their first interview, and even the 100th can be nerve-racking. Just take it as a school test, chill out, learn your stuff and take it easy. They're there to assess you, not break you down.

Worst case, they'll give you the advice you need for next time.

Good luck
Thanks for responding mate, I'll do exactly what you have said then. I know what stuf I need to learn, I'm just struggling to think of what words to use, etc.

Seags98

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
The interview is quite straightforward, usually 45 minutes to an hour. They go in depth about your Personal life, other commitments etc as well as corps knowledge (what the cap badge looks like and memorable dates as well as VC recipients). Why you want to join and what makes you think the corps wants you. It’s not hard and they aren’t looking to fail you. It’s essentially a job interview so do your research and you’ll be set.

SarriesFan

Reaction score
The interview is quite straightforward, usually 45 minutes to an hour. They go in depth about your Personal life, other commitments etc as well as corps knowledge (what the cap badge looks like and memorable dates as well as VC recipients). Why you want to join and what makes you think the corps wants you. It’s not hard and they aren’t looking to fail you. It’s essentially a job interview so do your research and you’ll be set.
Thanks for your input, I know I have the relevant knowledge but in all honesty I think I'm just stressing over it too much because its all very new to me.