Interview and Medical

Oz22

Reaction score
Just got my interview date confirmed, there's no mention of a medical, is it normal to have the medical on the same day or is it usually done on another day?

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If they didn't mention it, I doubt it's on the same day mate.

The doctors only come in at certain times of the month so it all depends.

Best of luck with your interview - it's nothing to be worried about :)

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
good luck with the interview... the medical is seperate, maybe a week or two after

Blanio

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Done everything apart from the PRMC which is on the 21st of October :)

I was really nervous about the interview, but as long as you revise and are confident about your knowledge, you'll be fine :)

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
i got my interview this thursday, they called me yesterday and said providing i am sucsessfull with my interview they have booked me in for my medical the next day. i know at my afco (Reading) the medicals are only done on firdays. It's not normal for them to be done on the same day, just depends on your afco i guess.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
You can pick medical date at my place.

Got my interview next thursday, will probably have medical following wednesday.
Choice was given to have medical on same day, some took, some didnt.. I'm intentionally delaying to give more time after injury :embarrest:
Should say that medicals are only done on a wednesday in cardiff.

TheBaker

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
good luck with the interview... the medical is seperate, maybe a week or two after
No it depends, I got mine on the same day.

All depends!

Unfortunately some people have sh*t/slow AFCO's and some like me have mine! :laugh:

Or maybe I was just lucky to get all my stuff done in a week.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
The speed of your applications is dictated by the processing capacity of your AFCO. If they have few staff & are busy, then you can expect a longer wait.

The Medical Examiners are contracted to the AFCO and in some cases, particularly after the holiday periods, there may be a backlog of those awaiting their medical examinations.

If you can plan ahead and are genuinely only able to attend your AFCO during limited periods due to work or distance to travel, and are 100% fit and ready to attend PRMC, you can make your AFCO aware of this & request to be booked-in advance so that you sit the test, interview and medical in as short a period as possible. If they can actually do this, they will when possible.

The problem is that if you fail the test, interview or medical then the appointment slots maybe wasted because they cannot be filled at short notice. Because Medicals and Interviews are costly in terms of money & manpower, the busier offices tend to be less willing to allocate the seperate elements on the same day and prefer you to pass each stage before progressing to the next.

Hope that makes sense.

Oz22

Reaction score
Thanks Ninja, that all makes sense.

So if i mentioned i was ready to go on a PRMC right away, is it possible that they will fast track me?