interview coming up please help!

lukey boy 91

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
hello

first of all i failed my interview in early march, this is the interview after the pycometric test and the reason i failed was because of my little knowledge about the core and he wernt impressed what i told him what i was doing to get fit and also i was still in school and i was having ups and downs like *text deleted* suspended alot of the times so he gave me 7 months to get my head sorted out and learn more about the core and also get fitter, also i was very nervous because it was my first ever interview.
The interview is on monday the 22nd of this month and my fitness and knowledge on the marines is so much better but just incase i still dont no everything about the core could you guys please tell me what else i could learn about the core, heres what i have learnt

royal marines standard weapon

royal marines motto

recruit training length

4 commadno tests

3 commando brigades and were they are based

royal marines training centre

royal mairne commandos role

how many royal marines there are

the first royal marine regiment , when it was formed , what it was called and how many men it was made of

royal marines state of mind spirit

and everything on the prmc like how long your there and what you must achieve, the only problem with this is that i dont no when you do them because everyones prmc seems to be diffrent like some people will have the 3 miler on the first day whilst others will have it on the second day

anyway thats wat i have learnt but could you please tell me what else i could learn about the core.

thanks for your help , luke

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
you should be ok with that knowledge, but be prepared for questions like where are they currently operating, and the big one - do you know what you are letting yourself in for? Can you look someone in the eye and then kill them? I was asked questions like this and it brings you back to reality. I worked so hard to remember the history that i lost my way and forgot about why i am joining - to become an elite soldier. Just keep that in mind mate

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Stages of training in RT i needed to know but i didnt :worried:

Week 1>Foundation
Week 4>Individual skills
Week 11>Advanced skills
Week 16>operations of war
Week 26>Commando course
Week 32>Kings's squad pass out.

(Y)

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
and if you say the "first royal marine REGIMENT" your not really making a good start.

make sure you know all the elements of the cap badge.

who is in afghan at the moment (42cdo)

the ships.

couple of VC winners.

PRMC (the run is on the first day. always)

weapons

but *text deleted* mate its mostly about you, as long as you have actualy sorted your self out and grown up more now then you should be ok.

Illustrious

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
Don't forget to learn the Royal Navy Contract off by heart. It caught me out the first time.... sodding recruiter :doh:

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
the big one - do you know what you are letting yourself in for?

32 weeks of pain. Oh the joy! haha.

Some actually ask such questions as you got? wasnt aware, cheers for the heads up, interview on thurs heh

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
32 weeks of pain. Oh the joy! haha.

Some actually ask such questions as you got? wasnt aware, cheers for the heads up, interview on thurs heh

yeh that one really caught me out! He looked at me dead in the eye and asked me - when the time comes, can you kill another human being? Will you have the brains and the guts to do your duty and kill or be killed?

:eek: i said yes!

M1664

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
not as bad as the drugs question that really caught me offguard....

"so you like to go out, have a few beers with your mates occationaly yea?"

"yea yea like to have a good time now and again"

"so.....whats the drugs scene like"

".....errrr whatnow!?"

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
not as bad as the drugs question that really caught me offguard....

"so you like to go out, have a few beers with your mates occationaly yea?"

"yea yea like to have a good time now and again"

"so.....whats the drugs scene like"

".....errrr whatnow!?"

he asked me if i had taken drugs and i said yes. I went on to say how horrible it was etc. I think he admired my honesty because he did'nt seem too fussed