Interview coming up

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Alrite lads, im a bit new to this, ive got my interview a week tomorrow, not really sure what to expect :wondering:! Can anyone give an insight into what they ask you and what you have to do? Is the medical carried out straight after the interview??

Luke

Rob 1984

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just be yourself mate, the guy doing the interview will be old enough and wise enough to see through any crap. Make sure you do research on the marines cause it will show them that you want to be one. Passed my interview and did my medical about a week after, nothing to worry about.

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Hi, welcome. Have a look in the sticky's section, in the Royal Marines Corps history forum,there's a thread all about the specific questions asked at interview and Corps history example questions also, Good luck.

Gazza_7

Reaction score
That's what I would say for your interview, be yourself :amuse: Keep this site to hand as well mate.

champy

Reaction score
Is it possible to fail the interview? If so how likely??:worried:

Adamos

Reaction score
Yeh you can, but don't think of it like that. Learn some stuff and know why you want to do it and you will be fine.

ninja09

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
just make sure you have a good knowledge of what being a marine and training is like - learn the service knowledge questions in the FAQ section.

theres a thread on exactly what the interview is. Its not like a normal job interview its simple personal question like family life, education, jobs, hobbies etc

my interview was really relaxed. the AFCO was trying hard not to laugh on multiple occasions :saythat:

champy

Reaction score
I'm up to scratch on the corps history and knowledge, and the other areas talked about. It was just on my mind about possible failure!

Matt-23

Reaction score
After a month of waiting ive finally got my application back on track and i have my brief next week about the interview,i guess the best advice to give is what im going to.....find any information on royal marines from good sources and print it out and have it by my bed so every night i spend half hour reading it....as important this interview is to me im makingn sure im staying dead cool about it as im not letting nerves get better off me!

Good Luck fella