Interview Help

burny4125

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
Hi, I have my formal interview tommorow and i was wunderin if any1 had any tips thanks david

PoyserRM

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just be calm, be yourself, know abit about the history of the royal marines, be honest!, know about the 32 week training and what they do...and u should be fine

gd luck!

Megalomaniac

Reaction score
Try to stay relaxed. If you've done your homework it will be easy. Try to show how much you know about the marines. If and when you get asked questions about the RM's give all the information you know. Most of the interview will be on your easiest subject, You. :biggrin:

Sam1

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
1)Home life
2)Education
3)Marines
4)YOU! (training)

They are the things you will be asked about.
Be confident and dont show that your nervous!

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just be yourself, be enthusiastic and be honest - if you don't know a question then say you don't know, they are'nt expecting you to be a walking dictionary of the Royal Marines.

As long as you seem up for it, willing to learn and get cracking then you can't go wrong. Good luck mate

WrapJuice

Royal Marines Commando - Moderator
Reaction score
yep everything they have said above, and a few other pointers.

They like team skills experiance, so if you play football or any sports in a team that's always good.

It would be good if you could give an example of where you have taken a task and exeded or done very well, you know something that seemed hard but you completed it i.e. training and competing in a marathon, a project at school or work.

It would be also good to show that you are able to live away from home for long periods of time and you have coped fine.

I don'e think these points above are things you need but it will help you for sure. good luck budy.