Interview passed today

Discussion in 'General Royal Marines Joining Chit Chat' started by Jack94, May 16, 2018.

1. Jack94

Jack94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Just waiting for a call off the triage nurse now. If anybody has their interview coming up my advise is don't over think it, I was worried sick about today but I was worrying about nothing. As long as you are serious enough about joining to know the basics and you come across as a good potential you should be fine. I was told the interview at prmc is the one where they want to know how much you know about the corps. The first interview is more about getting to know you and what your about. Just scrub up, stay calm and be yourself.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. SWCL14

SWCL14 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    What sort of things did they ask? Was it just question about your life, with them evaluating how you present yourself for the most part?

3. Jack94

Jack94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah pretty much, and questions about what happens in PRMC and RT. Have you got yours coming up?

• Like Like x 1
  4. SWCL14

SWCL14 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Not yet. Got my psychometric test next thursday, so fingers crossed I pass that then the interview is next isn't it?

• Nailed It Nailed It x 1
  5. Jack94

Jack94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    Yeah that's right. Good luck with your test mate. Have you had a go of the practice test app? It couldn't be any closer to the real thing, helped me out a lot.

6. SWCL14

SWCL14 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    Cheers mate. Yeah I'm doing alright on the practice booklet. Some of the word puzzles catch me out a bit but overall I'm ok I think.

7. DBMARINE

DBMARINE New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Thanks, mate, will use that advice for my interview next week! got a question; how bothered are they about academic scores? I'm 18 and left school early due to complications. Do you think there's any chance they'll turn me away because of that? even if I am very knowledgeable about the joining process, PRMC RT etc and also know a lot about the Corps and what they're doing etc?

8. Jack94

Jack94 New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Interview
    I wouldn't imagine so, I never achieved 1 GCSE and they never had a problem with with me about it. I think it's if you want to join as an officer that you would need all that. Good luck for next week mate

• Like Like x 1
  9. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker Careers Adviser

@DBMARINE Generic interview advice and content here: https://www.royalmarines.uk/threads/selection-interview.93280/

If your conduct at school was less than exemplary, the interviewer will be looking for evidence of improvement thereafter.

Often it's just a case of admitting errors due to immaturity, but if two years have elapsed since the "complications" then there should be plenty of evidence in further education or employment anyway.

10. DBMARINE

DBMARINE New Member

App Stage:
    Passed Recruiting Test
    Okay, thank you. 2 years have elapsed since I left school and I have had no work experience, however, I have since enrolled in an Open University degree, I have also passed the first module and obtained 60 credits towards the degree. Would you say that this is a sufficient amount of 'improvement' in order to be okay on the education front? specifically my gaps in education.

11. SWCL14

SWCL14 New Member

App Stage:
    Application Submitted
    To me it sounds like enrolling in an open university course is you trying to better yourself in some way.

All positive in my humble opinion.