interview postponed

nik

Reaction score
has this happened to anyone else? I had my interview last week. I was told that I was ok on everything but they were concerned about my family circumstances. My ex is pregnant and due in January. They said they wanted me to come back after the baby is born and they would send me out a new interview date. He said that he had ticked all the other boxes but they did not want to put money into me in case i backed out after the baby arrived. Anyone ever heard of anything like this happening to anyone else? I tried to reassure him i wouldnt back out but he wasnt to be persuaded.

M

MTW

dont think anyone has had it on here, but i can definatly see where hes coming from, you never know what your *text deleted* feel like after a sprog is born.

MrSkippy

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Have seen some posts pretty similar, they know full well the situational problems that can happen. I'd agree with the guy as well - see how the misses copes with the arrival, as well as yourself.

Sorry to hear it though mate, especially after you ticked all the boxes!

nik

Reaction score
cheers guys just a bit gutted........but i guess it makes sense

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Yep, don't take it as a hit Nik. When you have kids your whole list of priorities, not to say your entire life, changes beyond recognition. Your ex-partner may and/or child may need you at home during the initial stages- not in Afghanistan fighting wars.

Essentially a person in such a situation as yourself is viewed as a high settling risk, hence the deferral of your application. Fear not, you can get it going again once the number one priority (your child) is on the scene & all is settled both emotionally and financially.

nik

Reaction score
read elsewhere on here that there is an unwritten rule that you cant get in if you have a pregnant partner or a child under 6 months old - anyone know if this is still correct?

New Threads