Interview thursday

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
just a quick one, past my rt test last thursday and my afco booked me in for my interview this thursday. Should i have recieved some sort of confirmation letter or anything else. The bloke wrote it down in some ropey look diary.

Just worried im going to turn up thursday morn suited and booted and there going to think im bonkers and not know what im on about.:blink:

rusty92

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
Just worried im going to turn up thursday morn suited and booted and there going to think im bonkers and not know what im on about.:blink:

*text deleted*!.. I Could just imagine me doing something like that.. Would be damn funny and embarrassing! ...

Yeah you should of really got a confirmation letter.. I Got a confirmation letter just for my AFCO Presentation! so you should of got one for an interview! :eek:..

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
just a quick one, past my rt test last thursday and my afco booked me in for my interview this thursday. Should i have recieved some sort of confirmation letter or anything else. The bloke wrote it down in some ropey look diary.

Ring your AFCO to confirm. (Link below)

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
nuts, only just got in from work, too late to phone now.

Ninja im aware i need to bring certificates and the such to prove education, qualifications, awards etc. Is there anything else i need to bring thats really important and might cause problems if i dont bring it. Im myself prepared for the interview but as i didnt recieve a letter of confirmation im worried they are expecting me to bring certain documents, or am i worring about nothing and they havent sent a letter because they usually dont.
thanks

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Chill back, the letter may not have arrived simply as all mail goes second class (we're saving-up for a new aircraft carrier )

Just take all your Certificates, National Record of Achievement (if you have one), any documentation requested at the Recruiting Test but not yet copied at the AFCO (Birth Certificate, Passport, NI number, NHS Number, driving licence etc.,) 4 passport photos if you haven't given them yet & the full postal addresses of two referees if you haven't already provided them on your application form.

Selection Interview advice here

Grimesy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Just got back. passed my interview, well chuffed.

Chill back, the letter may not have arrived simply as all mail goes second class (we're saving-up for a new aircraft carrier )
You were right about cutting costs ninja, the reason i didnt get my letter was because it was sitting in royal mail depot due to the sender not paying enough postage, 2p to be exact. Cost me a fiver in petrol to go and pick the bloody thing up!

crackhour

Civilian Member
Reaction score
Thursday has passed now I assume so this post was useless yes?

BradfordBulls

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
I've had the exact same problem! but when i went to get my letter from the postage and they didn't pay the sending money they gave me "The Navy times" magazine instead of my letter! grrrrr

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Just got back. passed my interview, well chuffed.
Excellent news, well done.

You were right about cutting costs ninja, the reason i didnt get my letter was because it was sitting in royal mail depot due to the sender not paying enough postage, 2p to be exact. Cost me a fiver in petrol to go and pick the bloody thing up!
I've had the exact same problem! but when i went to get my letter from the postage and they didn't pay the sending money they gave me "The Navy times" magazine instead of my letter! grrrrr
You are entirely entitled to claim the postage back if the AFCO made an error in franking the post incorrectly.

It would appear this is not uncommon, so it would be worth letting your AFCO know about it as this should most definitely not be happening.