Interview time

Reaction score
Hay guys,

ive got my interview next wednesday and ive been going over the history of the marines and the VC winners, where the bases are in the uk. The only thing im finding ghard is knowing ware the units are currently operating.

Is there anything else i shud no 4 my interview?,
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

luke

Plummy

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
to be honest mate i think youve got it convered.. im not as far as you with my app but good luck im sure youll be fine

Lshort1988

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
If its for the initial interview as in after your eye test you probably wont need to remember vc winners etc, it was more things such as knowledge of the training and tests, length and conditions of service and just general things about where the commando units are based etc and about yourself mainly... all of the stuff youve mentioned comes up on the PRMC interview though ive been told

Hope that helps!

Shiloh79

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
unknown soldier said:
Hay guys,

ive got my interview next wednesday and ive been going over the history of the marines and the VC winners, where the bases are in the uk. The only thing im finding ghard is knowing ware the units are currently operating.

Is there anything else i shud no 4 my interview?,
Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated.

luke
Alright mate - you seem to have it all covered! The interview is broken up into sections - Family&personal history, Education background, spare time activities employment history & Marines history etc ... Just go along mate and be yourself and from what you've said about the marines history side off things you'll be grand. The more indepth history is more for the prmc interview.

All the best mate.

Steve.

SR

Reaction score
Alright mate i had my interview last Wednesday and what i got asked about the Marines and the history was

The name of the 3 commando units and where they are based.
All parts of the badge.
The commando tests and times etc.
The 4 parts of the PRMC and what you had to do in each part.
2 VC winners.
What " Per Mare Per Terram" means.
And a few dates such as when the Marines were formed.

Hope it goes well for you.

paddlequack

Reaction score
If it helps 40 commando have JUST been deployed to Afghanistan.
The main things are the commando badge and where the 3 units are based.
Everything else about you and just be honest and have a good natter and get on a level basis with the man and you'll be sorted.
It's pretty easy compared to a weird asian doctor grabbin your un-nameables saying "Ok sir cough please... *gropes again*, and again sir, sir you're sweating are you ok sir"... that is all.