Interview tomoz

CommandoJ

Veteran Contributor
Reaction score
hi again,

got my formal interview tomorow :D nervous tho. what do i need to take i know i need educational certificates etc... but is this all just certicificates?

what sort of stuff do i need to know about?

cheers in advance

CJ

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
Formal Selection Interview Format

The Selection Interview breaks down into five main areas & lasts 45 minutes to around an hour. Dress smart, be early, bring all certificates & national record of achievement. Also bring any completed paperwork given for completion: eyetest forms, Security Questionnaire etc.

Areas covered are as follows:

PERSONAL CIRCUMSTANCES

Your home life, your Family's health, family support for your application, any trauma experienced & your reaction to it. Whether you have a partner, how many house moves you've had, how you re-settled, what you do to help at home, how you get on with your family, whether you have dependent children. How mature are you?

EDUCATION

School attendance, punctuality, achievements, membership of clubs & societies, sports teams, favourite subjects, least favourite, suspensions, expulsions, how you got on with teachers & pupils, what results you obtained, what further education you have attended if any. How many schools attended.

WORK EXPERIENCE

How may jobs, why you left, how you got on with the public, did you handle cash, what resoponsibilities did you have. How much do you earn, what are your commitments, can you cope on Service pay, do you know how much you get paid, any savings, debts, relevant to new entry pay. Timekeeping, disciplinary record.

HOBBIES & INTERESTS

Member of any sports clubs, Uniformed Youth Organisations, social life:do you understand drugs policy, what hobbies & interests do you have. Full breakdown of fitness schedule - Physical activity -what/how often/how far & how long established etc. any work related training, related skills/interests, Personal achievements. Swimming. Personal admin.

MOTIVATION.

Experience of communal living, ability to adapt to change, attitude to authority, time away from home/family, any experience of responsibility, timekeeping/discipline/truancy, aspirations/motivation-what do you know about the Service & CORPS KNOWLEDGE QUESTIONS, General Knowledge of service/training/Terms and conditions of service.

Hope that helps & good luck

Skippy

Reaction score
Hey mate, i had mine last week.. take everything that you have achieved.. even if you think you won't need it.. take it :)

I wasn't going to take my Nijmegen March medal, but glad i did cause we spent about 5 mins talking about it :D

Trust me, you can't be over prepared, only under prepared !!

Hope it all goes well mate

Skippy

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I wasn't going to take my Nijmegen March medal, but glad i did

glad you said that skippy i was thinking bout taking mine, i also done raf benson marches as a warmup for nijmegen, did you do these. just interested as i havent met anyone else that done nijmegen.

Skippy

Reaction score
glad you said that skippy i was thinking bout taking mine, i also done raf benson marches as a warmup for nijmegen, did you do these. just interested as i havent met anyone else that done nijmegen.

ahh i did DCAE Cosford (aka RAF Cosford)

did you do nijmegen last year ?
also were you a civy or militant on the march ?

Boataimer

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I did it with the air training corps, a grand old 8 years ago though *text deleted*

also done a march across yorkshire moors called the lyke wake walk, that was hard going took 20 hours but was good prep for nijmegen.

thought nijmegen was excellent would love to do it again. the camp was good aswell, me and a mate caught a para (of all people) taking a *text deleted**text deleted* in one of the showers, we thought bout doing it back but we were advised against it!!