Interview

bigtoe123

Reaction score
I'm getting my selection interview today, I've studied the information hand out but still don't feel I have taken In adequate enough information. Will this be an issue

D

dodgyknees

Probably too late to do anything about it now so don't worry. Make sure you dress smartly and bags of confidence and I'm sure you'll be fine.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

As an aside if you are using your real name on this site you may wish to change it to something more anonymous - one of the moderators will be along to advise.

bigtoe123

Reaction score
@dodgyknees thanks a lot. I've sent in for a different user name. And the interview went okay. I've been given a partial pass, given an extra month to better my fitness

bigtoe123

Reaction score
@LUFCMad they asked questions like why do we have a navy, what do Marines do, where you'll be stationed after basic training, they'll ask you to describe phase 1 and phase 2 of basic training, what tests you'll do to pass out of training.

bigtoe123

Reaction score
Also advisable to try and study as much of the history of the corps as you can, be useful for prmc as well

LUFCMad

Reaction score
Ok cheers bud, glad it went ok for you. now time for you to get as fit as possible for medical and pjft! Goodluck

ERFC

Royal Marines Commando
Reaction score
I’d say you should take this very much as a wake up call. For all further tests make sure you’re full prepared and that you have confidence in yourself that you can pass it.

There’s no point rocking up with the attitude of “Ive done some work but not really sure if I’ll pass”. The Royal Marines ethos and values are very much the opposite and throughout selection as well as training the training team will want to see you pushing yourself beyond what limits you thought were possible and taking control of your progress.

Sorry for dropping the bomb but you need to remember what you’re joining!