Interview

MRR46

Reaction score
So tomorrow’s the day for my interview. It’s a telephone interview (which will be different.) I have done a lot of research into the Royal Marines
-memorable dates
-a basic understanding of recruit training
-Basic history of the Royal Marines
-Vc winners
-Info about my family background
-Info of my training and how I’m progressing.
-Values & standards
-Strengths
-And even some weakness’s because everyone does have a couple!
I am nervous for it, but I think that’s the case for most applicants.
If you think you could leave any useful info or spot anything I have missed please post it in the reply! Thanks in advance.

The guide

Careers Advisor
Reaction score
Fact and figures on your Phys.!!..How many times a week do you Run and how far in what time . what's your time for the 2.4km return run . how many press-ups and sit up,s can you do.!

But if you know that above ( in your post) you will have it covered.!!

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
Good luck for the interview! I also have mine tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how it differs from the face to face interview if there are any differences of course.

MRR46

Reaction score
Good luck for the interview! I also have mine tomorrow, it will be interesting to see how it differs from the face to face interview if there are any differences of course.
Hi mate, Interview was a success. Passed it with “flying colours”.
Nothing to worry about mate as long as you have a basic knowledge on the Royal Marines, history of it, what you will be doing in training, the list goes on. It was strange with it being on the phone as I have never had an interview over the phone.
Good luck!

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
Congrats man, it sounds like it's quite similar to the face to face interview then. How long did it go on for out of the allotted 2 hours?

MRR46

Reaction score
Congrats man, it sounds like it's quite similar to the face to face interview then. How long did it go on for out of the allotted 2 hours?
Yeah from what I have read and heard about the face to face it sounds very similar. The whole interview took 37 mins exactly. He then told me he needed to write up a review of the interview and to stay by the phone. In less then 10 mins he called me back to inform me that I had passed the interview. So all in all a short but sweet interview!

RCTJ0012

Reaction score
I passed the interview, it went on for 63 minutes with a 20 minute post-interview chat. Next up is the vPJFT.

Foxx

Reaction score
Hi all, Just had a 40 minute interview with my AFCO. I was under the influence it was my NSRT but he didn't test me on anything just asked questions about home life, work experience, royal marines knowledge etc.. He says its a pass but I need time to get fitter as I stated, he says after this I will have my medical and VPJFT.. little confusing.

Foxx

Reaction score
Wonder if it is my interview or something else.. I should probably just ask haha

MRR46

Reaction score
Yeah from what I have read and heard about the face to face it sounds very similar. The whole interview took 37 mins exactly. He then told me he needed to write up a review of the interview and to stay by the phone. In less then 10 mins he called me back to inform me that I had passed the interview. So all in all a short but sweet interview!
Let me
I passed the interview, it went on for 63 minutes with a 20 minute post-interview chat. Next up is the vPJFT.
Nice one mate!

MRR46

Reaction score
Hi all, Just had a 40 minute interview with my AFCO. I was under the influence it was my NSRT but he didn't test me on anything just asked questions about home life, work experience, royal marines knowledge etc.. He says its a pass but I need time to get fitter as I stated, he says after this I will have my medical and VPJFT.. little confusing.
Your nrst will be done at your local afco. And as far as I’m aware it wouldn’t be done down the phone. This would of been your interview!

Mattys

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
He is I expect just going off your current fitness standards which you told him which are not up to standards yet and when you do get fitter and better scores then you will get booked in for your vPJFT

Foxx

Reaction score
Your nrst will be done at your local afco. And as far as I’m aware it wouldn’t be done down the phone. This would of been your interview!
Oh right, thanks mate! I never thought it would be dome this early but I am glad it's out the way! Happy I passed then, he said it is clear I've done my homework but I made him aware my fitness needs some work so he is to put my application on hold for two months.

He is I expect just going off your current fitness standards which you told him which are not up to standards yet and when you do get fitter and better scores then you will get booked in for your vPJFT
Yeah mate I told him that I needed to work on it before I gave him my test results, just not indenial and want my best chance at getting in!