Interview

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Hey, i had a search on the forum but couldn't find anything about this. It might be a bit of a silly question but what should i wear to my interview? i know it's a job interview so should i wear a suit? or would i look like a bit of an idiot?

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
wear a dress if it makes you feel more comfy.

(suit will be fine mate)

hanky

Reaction score
i was told suit, like you say, dress as you would for any other job. the careers adviser is going to want to see that you can look after and present yourself etc

Ninja_Stoker

Admin
Reaction score
no trousers???? It gets a bit cold this time of year! :wink:

We frequently interview people not wearing trousers.

They call them girls, apparently. (Mind you, they don't normally wear ties at interview).

daz665

Reaction score
It's all about making a good impression. I'd say if you have a suit then wear it, if not a shirt and tie is still pretty good.

JMH

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I've got my Recruit test coming up i would assume just dress smart for this and not over do it with a suit? sorry for the stupid questions i just want to make the best first impression possible.

daz665

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies, I've got my Recruit test coming up i would assume just dress smart for this and not over do it with a suit? sorry for the stupid questions i just want to make the best first impression possible.

I wore black trousers and a shirt every time I visited my AFCO and for every part of the selection. On my psychometric test a few lads had tracksuits, some jeans and a shirt and one guy had a suit.

So it's up to you really, but try to make a bit more of an effort for the interview.

Gazkane

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah dress to impress mate, I did for every part of my selection. My careers adviser actually praised another lad and myself for dressing smartly and slagged off the other applicants who came in their shell suits.

Wearing a gimp mask wouldn't go amiss aswell.

F.M.J

Valuable Contributor
Reaction score
i have my interview this thursday followed by my medical!... hope i dont need a sh1t! :flushed:

dj1uk3

Venerated Contributor
Reaction score
i have my interview this thursday followed by my medical!... hope i dont need a sh1t! :flushed:

i had to take an emergency dump in a nearby starbucks before i went in.